Christmas Rumors?

DisneyGlennB

Original Poster
I keep hearing everything that is closing or leaving and nothing new. My concern is Christmas time. It's a huge blow without the Osbourne Lights. What will the studios have for Christmas? Is there anything new at any of the parks?

rob0519

Last year was my first visit to the parks at Christmas since 2001. I was really disappointed at the change in decorations at all the resorts and parks. It was the first, and obviously last time, seeing the Osborne Lights which were truly spectacular. No matter what, WDW still gets decked out for the holiday, but as far as new Christmas related decorations or attractions, I have no idea. Hopefully someone here can provide that information.

castlecake2.0

I dont think there is anything new planed for the Studios this Christmas, but the parks and resorts still get all decked out. Some of the nicest spots are the Deluxe Resorts, Main Street at Magic Kingdom and World Showcase at Epcot. Holidays around the World is one of my favorite things to experience and the counties are beautiful. Also this year will be new decorations at Disney Springs at the new neighborhoods along with the Marketplace that received new decor last year.

The Tuna

As much as i love progress and will enjoy Star Wars Land, I am bummed about the Osborne lights being gone and with no replacement in sight anywhere. That was truly special and I think The mouse is missing out by not replacing them somewhere on property. Nothing better than walking through there with the family, listening to the tunes and then watching the lights go crazy. Truly awe inspiring for everyone

They definitely need to come up with a similar idea and hopefully in the next year or so. I doubt it but a man can dream.

betty rose

As much as i love progress and will enjoy Star Wars Land, I am bummed about the Osborne lights being gone and with no replacement in sight anywhere. That was truly special and I think The mouse is missing out by not replacing them somewhere on property. Nothing better than walking through there with the family, listening to the tunes and then watching the lights go crazy. Truly awe inspiring for everyone

They definitely need to come up with a similar idea and hopefully in the next year or so. I doubt it but a man can dream.
I hope for something new, too. That doesn't cost extra....

Seanual757

Going to be way different this year at the studios it was a tradition to head over and see the lights before and after Christmas. Last year was crazy busy because of the final year, with a good 1/4-1/2 the park under demo/construction for the next few years it's not even worth visiting except for Toy Story and only if you have a FP.

OliveMcFly

Rumor has it Santa Claus Will deliver presents to all the good girls and boys this year.
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom