Christmas decoration tour

Diana616

Hello!

My husband and I want to drive up for the day next Saturday and check out all the beautiful resorts and their Christmas decorations. We also want to go to Downtown Disney.

Any suggestions for which hotels are a must visit and the most organized way to do this? We would like to ride the bus for the day but we can drive around too, not a big deal. I think we will leave Downtown Disney for the end of the day and eat dinner there, unless anyone can recommend a good dinner spot at one of the resorts.

Any advice is appreciated! I love Disney at this time of year and it's been too long since I've visited, I'm excited!

samosaurus

The resorts are always beautiful at Christmastime!

Here would be my touring plan for the day:
-Start by taking the Magic Kingdom monorail loop to visit the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and back to Magic Kingdom
-Bus/boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge
-Bus from Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom
-Bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge
-Bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Hollywood Studios
-Bus/boat from Hollywood Studios to Yacht Club & Beach Club/Boardwalk - visit all three of these
-Boat/bus from boardwalk to Hollywood Studios
-Bus from Hollywood Studios to Port Orleans-French Quarter
-Boat/bus from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney

This plan may seem kinda complicated, but trust me, it's worth it!
Have fun!:)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Well, the two easiest sections are the Epcot Loop and the Monorail Loop. Outside of those two batches, really it's just AKL and WL that are must sees. Pick your starting point, and travel from there. Depending on crowd/occupancy levels they may or may not let you park at the resorts themselves, but usually they will let you in if you say you want to look at the decorations. @samosaurus has the right idea, but I would skip POFQ, and at least glance at Swan/Dolphin. They are a more modern take on decor, but have also had some pretty stunning chocolate decorations in the past.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I visited many of the resorts on three separate days. Of course, I was staying at a resort and combined my visits with ADRs at some of the resort restaurants. You may want to do the same. Here's my specific route. Vary yours as needed.

Day 1: Bus to MK. Monorail to Contemporary, Poly (Breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe), GF, and back to Contemporary. Boat to WL
Day 2: Bus to AK. Bus to AKL (Breakfast ADR at Boma)
Day 3: (Check out day). Drove to Beaches (Lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream). Walked to YC and back to Beaches to pick up car. Drove to Boardwalk. Drove to CSR before leaving WDW via Western Way.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Don't miss:
Chocolate/gingerbread carousel at the Beach Club
Life size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

The resorts are always beautiful at Christmastime!

Here would be my touring plan for the day:
-Start by taking the Magic Kingdom monorail loop to visit the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and back to Magic Kingdom
-Bus/boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge
-Bus from Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom
-Bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge
-Bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Hollywood Studios
-Bus/boat from Hollywood Studios to Yacht Club & Beach Club/Boardwalk - visit all three of these
-Boat/bus from boardwalk to Hollywood Studios
-Bus from Hollywood Studios to Port Orleans-French Quarter
-Boat/bus from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney

This plan may seem kinda complicated, but trust me, it's worth it!
Have fun!:)
Thanks for this ... we are going next Christmas and I'm planning one day to resort hop and this will be very helpful. How long do you think this will take ... about 5-6 hours?

Upvote 0

R W B

I know its late and the OP already went but can't believe no one mentioned the Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds?? That is by far the best decorated resort and none of it is done by Disney. That resort is at the too of must see's every DEC trip for us, nothing better!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I know its late and the OP already went but can't believe no one mentioned the Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds?? That is by far the best decorated resort and none of it is done by Disney. That resort is at the too of must see's every DEC trip for us, nothing better!
Had a friend visit the campground on Christmas night ~ she said there were only a few sites decorated, nothing really "over the top" like we had seen in previous years. I did read that Disney has limited the way sites can be decorated (no trees now, for example) so maybe that is why. :(

Upvote 0

R W B

Had a friend visit the campground on Christmas night ~ she said there were only a few sites decorated, nothing really "over the top" like we had seen in previous years. I did read that Disney has limited the way sites can be decorated (no trees now, for example) so maybe that is why. :(
Nooooo??? Granted I didn't go this year (couldn't link up off days between my fiancé's schedule and mine) but the past 3 years we've been and the RVers have been great with the decorations. Guessing the new rules were out into place this year?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Nooooo??? Granted I didn't go this year (couldn't link up off days between my fiancé's schedule and mine) but the past 3 years we've been and the RVers have been great with the decorations. Guessing the new rules were out into place this year?
Yes the restrictions were new this year.

Upvote 0

R W B

Yes the restrictions were new this year.
If I don't like what I see when I go back next year ill write an email to someone. Not that it will change anything but ill at least voice my opinion. That resort was one of the biggest reasons why we enjoy going during the holidays.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom