Christmas Day - Magic Kingdom or Epcot?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Our travel dates have shifted, so now our first day at the parks will be Christmas morning. I do realize that Christmas Day is the busiest day of the year, and we do plan on being at whichever park for rope drop. MK has morning EMH and Epcot doesn't, if that makes a difference.

So for those who've been,..... Christmas Day itself, Epcot or MK?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Original Poster
We're only planning on doing the morning in the park!! Rope drop until lunch, then back to the resort for naptime for the almost three year old (and probably my husband to, lol) then head to DS for the closest thing we can find to Chinese food outside of the parks but still in bubble: Morimotos Street Food.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

We're only planning on doing the morning in the park!! Rope drop until lunch, then back to the resort for naptime for the almost three year old (and probably my husband to, lol) then head to DS for the closest thing we can find to Chinese food outside of the parks but still in bubble: Morimotos Street Food.

Morimoto is Japanese food... So I'd keep looking.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Ok! Smart thinking!! That will be perfect I'm sure! :)

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We have done Magic Kingdom on Christmas morning twice. Both times, we had a great morning and then got out of the park prior to noon. That's when it really starts to get crazy. Have not done Epcot on Xmas morning, but I would think it would be a bit easier to deal with than Magic Kingdom. Here's our trip report from Xmas morning 2015 (sorry, no report from 2009): http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/live-reporting-xmas-eve-to-new-years.908046/page-2

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have done Magic Kingdom on Christmas morning twice. Both times, we had a great morning and then got out of the park prior to noon. That's when it really starts to get crazy. Have not done Epcot on Xmas morning, but I would think it would be a bit easier to deal with than Magic Kingdom. Here's our trip report from Xmas morning 2015 (sorry, no report from 2009): http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/live-reporting-xmas-eve-to-new-years.908046/page-2

That was incredibly helpful! Thank you!!

Upvote 0

21stamps

I'm going to have to read this whole report now! You did so much on Christmas! I'm impressed with the MK rides!!!

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

I haven't been. If I was going- that would be a resort day for me.lol...with a Carriage "sleigh ride" at one of the resorts.

@Courtney6682 i think she's been and going again this year.

I have never been at Christmas, but my plan for this yr is to stay away from those 2 parks...I've heard that AK and HS are typically ''less crowded'' than MK and Epcot...but I have no actual experience with this...

Upvote 0

Jess G

MK is probably amazing on Xmas day but I would be so overwhelmed by the amount of people that it wouldn't be worth it to me. I would go with Epcot, which will still be busy also but probably a little more manageable

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We did Christmas 2011 at Disney. We did Epcot in the morning and it was fine. They had signs up front with "MK Status Updates" that let you know if it was at capacity or not. We finally went to MK for 7:00 pm ish dinner reservations and hung out there for the rest of the night and it was fine. Don't get me wrong it was still busy but it was manageable.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We did Epcot in 2016.

Leisurely start, first fp+ was at 11am I think, and then headed over to Italy and Germany (I decided those might be the most "Christmas-y"), and saw the Italian "Christmas around the world" performance. Strolled around a bit, and headed back at about 4:30pm to Contemporary for dinner.

It wasn't nearly as busy as we thought it would be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom