Christmas Day Logistics - Advice requested

amjt660

Premium Member
Hello All
I do not post often and start threads even less but I am looking for advice on getting around Christmas day.

Quick Background : We (4) arrive on Dec 23 , staying at Yaht Club, after 2 days at USF. We will have a rental car.

On Dec 25th we will have more relaxed day, sleep in and then go to a late breakfast/brunch at the Polynesian at 10am. After brunch we would return to the hotel and then go to Epcot later in the day/evening.

This is where I need some advice on how to get from the Yaht Club to the Poly on Xmas morning. I have seen pictures of the traffic tie ups but never experienced Dec 25 at the world first hand.

Options:
1) Drive and park at the Poly.
2) Walk through Epcot International Gate and Front Gate and take Monorail
3) Bus to MK and take monorail back to Poly? (or some other bus route)
4) Drive to FW campground and boat/swim to Poly (that was my DD crazy idea!!)

Any advice on how to get there and what time to leave to start the journey will be appreciated.

Thanks
Max

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The monorail is a nice way to go if you fancy a walk through the park and a more relaxed pace. If you want to get there quicker, take the car. Traffic at that time even on the busiest of days is usually not grid lock. I would allow an hour.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

photomatt

At 9am the lines to get through the MK toll booth will be extensive. Take the monorail. I don't think you will save time, but the process will feel more relaxing. As the monorail approaches the MK you will see how much traffic you avoided.

When you go back, take the ferry to the MK bus loading area. Then take the bus back to the Yacht Club, assuming you are going to head back to your hotel around noon. The crowds will be headed to the park, so the buses going the other way should be empty.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom