Christmas at the DLR (2014)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
As some of my fellow Californians/Disneylanders know, Christmas decorations go up at both Disneyland and California Adventure before the Halloween season even ends. This year is nothing different, as the majority of the Christmas decorations are up already. The Christmas season at the DLR is about ready to begin.

Sleeping Beauty Castle

11-03-14-DSC_8181.jpg

11-03-14-IMG_8210.jpg

11-03-14-IMG_8242.jpg

"it's a small world" Holiday

11-03-14-IMG_8507.jpg

11-03-14-IMG_8487.jpg

Still working on it...

11-03-14-IMG_8516.jpg

New Orleans Square

11-03-14-DSC_8259.jpg

11-03-14-DSC_8253.jpg

Critter Country

11-03-14-DSC_8386.jpg

11-03-14-DSC_8406.jpg

11-03-14-DSC_8380.jpg

Toontown still has Halloween decs up, but Christmas has spilled in.

11-03-14-DSC_8533.jpg

11-03-14-DSC_8565.jpg

11-03-14-DSC_8585.jpg

I want this shirt.

11-03-14-DSC_8842.jpg

They're still not finished, but a lot has gone up in the past few days.

http://micechat.com/85404-main-street-u-s-a-changes/

nemofinder22

YAY! the annual DLR Christmas thread!:D

Great to see Paradise Pier has finally received Christmas decorations along the boardwalk area. I always thought the Midway Mania! building was perfect for it. Now if we can just get Fantasyland fully decorated.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
YAY! the annual DLR Christmas thread!:D

Great to see Paradise Pier has finally received Christmas decorations along the boardwalk area. I always thought the Midway Mania! building was perfect for it. Now if we can just get Fantasyland fully decorated.

It's great to see you!

I've been saying the same thing for years. One would think they'd decorare the Fantasyland dark ride facades for Christmas, but nope. It doesn't make sense to me.

GiveMeTheMusic

I can't with the new WDW wreaths/garland. What they had was ugly before, but WDW has really become embarrassing with its Christmas decorations. What's left is old and putrid looking, like those gawdawful fake cone trees they put up with huge ugly ornaments.

DLR isn't perfect, but one thing they get right is decorations, except for the inexplicable ugliness of the "new" Toontown decorations they started using a few years ago. Toontown used to have a fantastic Christmas package, and I have no idea why it was replaced with the hideous stuff they use now.

Nland316

I've seen on Twitter that Mickey and Minnie have taken Mrs. Claus' float on the Christmas Fantasy Parade this year. She is now nowhere in the parade. Also Max is still missing from the gingerbread unit, and Pluto is still taking his place. Very disappointed with the recent updates that have struck the parade within the last two years. The parade has run for nearly 20 years! I think it's time for a completely new Christmas parade, as much as I love ACFP.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've seen on Twitter that Mickey and Minnie have taken Mrs. Claus' float on the Christmas Fantasy Parade this year. She is now nowhere in the parade. Also Max is still missing from the gingerbread unit, and Pluto is still taking his place. Very disappointed with the recent updates that have struck the parade within the last two years. The parade has run for nearly 20 years! I think it's time for a completely new Christmas parade, as much as I love ACFP.

ACF went downhill for me awhile ago when they started cutting characters and replacing them with elves. The whole parade is elves now. Tons of characters have been lost over the last several years. Not to sound like a crotchety old person, but ACF peaked in 1999.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom