Christmas at DLP???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hi folks, thinking of heading to DLP around the 22nd November for 5 nights and i have a few questions;

Will the christmas decorations be up?
Anything special happen in the resorts for christmas?
Is there anything like MVMCP in DLP?

All help greatly appreciated, thanx in advance!! :wave::wave::wave:

sueuk

1 The decorations go up after the Bonfire Spectacular (end of first week in November).
2 The resorts are decorated / themed for Xmas. The fountain area outside New York Hotel is turned into an ice rink. (Skates for hire).
3 There is no MVMCP. There is a tree lighting ceremony each evening in Disneyland Park, followed (each time we've been), by a Spectromagic parade. There are extra things in the parks eg: Belle's Village Xmas Market, a Christmas Show on ice at the Chaparal theatre, Xmas show at the Castle theatre etc. And of course - the Xmas parade.
It's well worth seeing, we've found 3 nights is about long enough (if your flights are at good times). :xmas:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
1 The decorations go up after the Bonfire Spectacular (end of first week in November).
2 The resorts are decorated / themed for Xmas. The fountain area outside New York Hotel is turned into an ice rink. (Skates for hire).
3 There is no MVMCP. There is a tree lighting ceremony each evening in Disneyland Park, followed (each time we've been), by a Spectromagic parade. There are extra things in the parks eg: Belle's Village Xmas Market, a Christmas Show on ice at the Chaparal theatre, Xmas show at the Castle theatre etc. And of course - the Xmas parade.
It's well worth seeing, we've found 3 nights is about long enough (if your flights are at good times). :xmas:

Thanx a mill, i found info, wer going on 22nd november for 5 nights staying in hotel cheyenne, the castle lighting looks amazing :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::xmas:

sueuk

For a moderate hotel, the theming at Cheyenne is excellent. The buffet dinner is good value too. Look out for the cowboy hats with Goofy sitting on top dressed as a cowboy .. I've never seen them anywhere else but the shop at Cheyenne. Enjoy!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
For a moderate hotel, the theming at Cheyenne is excellent. The buffet dinner is good value too. Look out for the cowboy hats with Goofy sitting on top dressed as a cowboy .. I've never seen them anywhere else but the shop at Cheyenne. Enjoy!

Haha brilliant, how did u find the Sequoia Lodge??? And hey, Disney at Christmas, how was it???

sueuk

We like Sequoia Lodge, especially the log fire in the bar area; and the 5 min walk round the lake to the Disney Village and parks. The 'Montana' rooms are the ones in the main building (request a lake view and you see over the Disney Village and lake). Wild Bill's Dinner show is worth a visit too - good fun and the foods not bad! Billy Bobs in the Village has a really nice TexMex buffet on the top floor, and Annette's Diner does a good burger etc.:slurp:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We like Sequoia Lodge, especially the log fire in the bar area; and the 5 min walk round the lake to the Disney Village and parks. The 'Montana' rooms are the ones in the main building (request a lake view and you see over the Disney Village and lake). Wild Bill's Dinner show is worth a visit too - good fun and the foods not bad! Billy Bobs in the Village has a really nice TexMex buffet on the top floor, and Annette's Diner does a good burger etc.:slurp:

Kool thanx, i done buffalo bills bwt 13 years ago, whats it like now with the characters in it??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom