Choice between All-Star Music or Pop Century

ggauthier82

Hi,

Just wanted your opinion... if you had the choice between All-Star Music or Pop Century for a 11-night stay in August, which would you choose and why? We have two boys aged 3 and 7.

Thanks!!

sammysmom1

I would go with the POP. Have their own buses and the food court is really good. You can get shakes and sundaes with a snack credit if you have the dining plan:) Plus we stayed in the 50's building and could see the fireworks from Epcot every nite!!

Upvote 0

ggauthier82

Original Poster
Thanks that was really helpful! Is the 50's building a standard room I can request or do I have to pay for preferred room or something like that? That would be awesome!

Upvote 0

sbkline

I have never stayed at either, and I haven't even gotten out of the vehicle and walked the grounds at either. So I can't vouch for bus service, food court quality, or anything else. So all I can do is give my personal preference regarding theme alone. Based on theme, if I had to choose between one or the other, it would definitely be Pop Century.

But after posting this, I just realized that All Star Music does have one thing that Pop doesn't, if I am not mistaken. And that is the family suites. Having stayed at moderates, with a room size of 314 square feet, the rooms at the values are 260 square feet, I believe. After this year's trip, we will be traveling with two children, so the small rooms at the values wouldn't cut it. So with that in mind, if we were to have to pick between those two resorts, I would probably pick All Star Music, simply so we could have a family suite.

Upvote 0

tink65

Another vote for Pop! The food court is larger and has a better selection but the biggest reason is because it has it's own bus system....no sharing with another resort! And i has also gone through a recent (as of last year) refurbishment.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

I've stayed at AS Movies and Pop on separate occasions, and its really a toss up between them. I will agree that dedicated buses are a big plus with Pop but didn't notice that the food court was significantly "better", but we eat mostly at the parks anyhow.

The only other point I would give the advantage to Pop for is its location - its a bit more central and you have a quicker ride to DHS and Epcot in my experience.

Upvote 0

si23

there no differnce between all star and pop centery except pop might be larger and when art of animation reosrt opens in prob share buses with pop

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

Pop. Its my favorite resort on property because of the great themeing. We have stayed in the 50s, 60s and 80s sections, all were great, 60s and 70s are closest to the main hall, however it only takes a few minutes from the other years. I love the ice cream bar in the food court, and they have great specialty drinks from the pool side bar. We also got pizza delivered for the first time this year which was fun. I love walking through the main hall and looking at all the different things from all the decades.

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I have never stayed at either, and I haven't even gotten out of the vehicle and walked the grounds at either. So I can't vouch for bus service, food court quality, or anything else. So all I can do is give my personal preference regarding theme alone. Based on theme, if I had to choose between one or the other, it would definitely be Pop Century.

But after posting this, I just realized that All Star Music does have one thing that Pop doesn't, if I am not mistaken. And that is the family suites. Having stayed at moderates, with a room size of 314 square feet, the rooms at the values are 260 square feet, I believe. After this year's trip, we will be traveling with two children, so the small rooms at the values wouldn't cut it. So with that in mind, if we were to have to pick between those two resorts, I would probably pick All Star Music, simply so we could have a family suite.
I am not a stock broker or banker. Never pretended to be a stock broker or banker. I have never even handled money or balanced a check book, but this is what i think you should do with your money.

:lol:

I think you might have left that tid-bit out to make your post convincing of your opinion. Granted, you did say it was based on themeing. Im voting for Pop too. Newer, dedicated bus line and better food court. To the OP, welcome. :wave: I think that your boys would probably love the fun atmosphere of Pop as well.

Upvote 0

coltow

POP POP POP
#1 they always have their own bus
#2 it's centrally located

Really the only downside is that at the parks I swear it's always the furthest away bus stop

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Pop Century for sure, their rooms were just upgraded as well-very nice! Food court is much larger and nicer. Just a lot more options here and one more pool than ASMusic!
Several times I have requested 50's no pool side and have been put facing the lake. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

melmood2000

POP POP POP

Really the only downside is that at the parks I swear it's always the furthest away bus stop

I have stayed at POP for the last 4 Times I've been to disney,
LOVE IT :sohappy:.
I have never stayed at any of the other value resorts so I can't compare. But I agree about the bus stop at the Parks for pop being the furthest away:cry: My last trip I said I wanted to stay at a deluxe resort just one time so I could be the first bus stop :lol:

Upvote 0

plaz10

POP POP POP

I could not agree more about the downside. The bus stop is definitely the furthest away! Another downside is that when you see the first POP Century big sign and turn into it...you think you are there, but you have a little bit more of a drive. Always throws me off! haha.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom