1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Choice between All-Star Music or Pop Century

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by ggauthier82, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ggauthier82

ggauthier82 New Member

Hi,

Just wanted your opinion... if you had the choice between All-Star Music or Pop Century for a 11-night stay in August, which would you choose and why? We have two boys aged 3 and 7.

Thanks!!

2. materbuddy

materbuddy Active Member

3. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

Pop Century. It is a bit new, has a more central location and dedicated bus service that is not shared with other resorts.

4. sammysmom1

sammysmom1 Member

I would go with the POP. Have their own buses and the food court is really good. You can get shakes and sundaes with a snack credit if you have the dining plan:) Plus we stayed in the 50's building and could see the fireworks from Epcot every nite!!

5. WDWmazprty

WDWmazprty Well-Known Member

Pop! Pop! Pop!:D

6. ggauthier82

ggauthier82 New Member Original Poster

Thanks that was really helpful! Is the 50's building a standard room I can request or do I have to pay for preferred room or something like that? That would be awesome!

7. DisneyInsider

DisneyInsider Premium Member

Stayed at both before...pop without question. Every facility about pop is newer and better.

8. bgraham34

bgraham34 Well-Known Member

Pop Century without a doubt. Better theming and better food court.

9. sbkline

sbkline Well-Known Member

I have never stayed at either, and I haven't even gotten out of the vehicle and walked the grounds at either. So I can't vouch for bus service, food court quality, or anything else. So all I can do is give my personal preference regarding theme alone. Based on theme, if I had to choose between one or the other, it would definitely be Pop Century.

But after posting this, I just realized that All Star Music does have one thing that Pop doesn't, if I am not mistaken. And that is the family suites. Having stayed at moderates, with a room size of 314 square feet, the rooms at the values are 260 square feet, I believe. After this year's trip, we will be traveling with two children, so the small rooms at the values wouldn't cut it. So with that in mind, if we were to have to pick between those two resorts, I would probably pick All Star Music, simply so we could have a family suite.

10. tink65

tink65 Active Member

Another vote for Pop! The food court is larger and has a better selection but the biggest reason is because it has it's own bus system....no sharing with another resort! And i has also gone through a recent (as of last year) refurbishment.

11. Nick_A

Nick_A On the edge of glory.

Pop Century, for all the reasons already notated- newer, nicer facilities, better food court, and its very own bus system.

12. Master Gracey 5

Master Gracey 5 Active Member

I've stayed at AS Movies and Pop on separate occasions, and its really a toss up between them. I will agree that dedicated buses are a big plus with Pop but didn't notice that the food court was significantly "better", but we eat mostly at the parks anyhow.

The only other point I would give the advantage to Pop for is its location - its a bit more central and you have a quicker ride to DHS and Epcot in my experience.

13. si23

si23 New Member

there no differnce between all star and pop centery except pop might be larger and when art of animation reosrt opens in prob share buses with pop

14. Tinkerbell 8

Tinkerbell 8 Well-Known Member

Pop. Its my favorite resort on property because of the great themeing. We have stayed in the 50s, 60s and 80s sections, all were great, 60s and 70s are closest to the main hall, however it only takes a few minutes from the other years. I love the ice cream bar in the food court, and they have great specialty drinks from the pool side bar. We also got pizza delivered for the first time this year which was fun. I love walking through the main hall and looking at all the different things from all the decades.

15. joel_maxwell

joel_maxwell Permanent Resident of EPCOT

I am not a stock broker or banker. Never pretended to be a stock broker or banker. I have never even handled money or balanced a check book, but this is what i think you should do with your money.

:lol:

I think you might have left that tid-bit out to make your post convincing of your opinion. Granted, you did say it was based on themeing. Im voting for Pop too. Newer, dedicated bus line and better food court. To the OP, welcome. :wave: I think that your boys would probably love the fun atmosphere of Pop as well.

16. coltow

coltow Well-Known Member

POP POP POP
    #1 they always have their own bus
    #2 it's centrally located

Really the only downside is that at the parks I swear it's always the furthest away bus stop

17. minniemickeyfan

minniemickeyfan Well-Known Member

Pop Century for sure, their rooms were just upgraded as well-very nice! Food court is much larger and nicer. Just a lot more options here and one more pool than ASMusic!
    Several times I have requested 50's no pool side and have been put facing the lake. Have a great time!

18. wolf359

wolf359 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the All Stars, so I'm going to agree with everyone else and recommend you stay at Pop Century.

:D

19. melmood2000

melmood2000 Active Member

I have stayed at POP for the last 4 Times I've been to disney,
    LOVE IT :sohappy:.
    I have never stayed at any of the other value resorts so I can't compare. But I agree about the bus stop at the Parks for pop being the furthest away:cry: My last trip I said I wanted to stay at a deluxe resort just one time so I could be the first bus stop :lol:

20. plaz10

plaz10 Well-Known Member

I could not agree more about the downside. The bus stop is definitely the furthest away! Another downside is that when you see the first POP Century big sign and turn into it...you think you are there, but you have a little bit more of a drive. Always throws me off! haha.