Child with special needs

DGRYAN1977

Original Poster
Hello

This Friday I will be arriving in Disney with my 2 1/2 year old son with Down Syndrome.
He walks but not well. Standing in a line will be no easy feat. I understood all this while booking and have no problem with holding him while on line.
My question is this, if I go to customer service do they have special passes for those with kids with special needs?

Thank you

arko

they have what is now called the DAS card. It basically lets you walk up to the fP+ line and get a return time equal to standby time -10 minutes. When you return you can go through the FP+ line. This basically makes you wait the standby time without having to wait in the line itself.

The card is good for the length of your stay and for up to 6 people in your party. They will take his picture and the card can only be used when he is actually going on the ride. Its is however good to note that he does not have to be present when you get the return time, just when you go to enter the ride.

You can also get your stroller designated as a wheelchair which will allow you to keep it in some lines that normally make you park it.

DGRYAN1977

Original Poster
they have what is now called the DAS card. It basically lets you walk up to the fP+ line and get a return time equal to standby time -10 minutes. When you return you can go through the FP+ line. This basically makes you wait the standby time without having to wait in the line itself.

The card is good for the length of your stay and for up to 6 people in your party. They will take his picture and the card can only be used when he is actually going on the ride. Its is however good to note that he does not have to be present when you get the return time, just when you go to enter the ride.

You can also get your stroller designated as a wheelchair which will allow you to keep it in some lines that normally make you park it.

What is more effective, using a DAS card or FastPassing rides?

arko

What is more effective, using a DAS card or FastPassing rides?

Disney recommends using both. The DAS only allows one ride at a time, so it has limits(this is to prevent the abuse that marred the old system).Using both will lessen your need for the DAS and you can use it where you would really need it. The advantage to the DAS is it doesn't have a 1 hour limit on return. Its disadvantage is that you have to go to the ride itself to get your return time. FP+ allows you to book in advance.

DGRYAN1977

Original Poster
Thank you for all the advice. We did not do the DAS but we did get a tag for his stroller. It helped ALOT. I didn't get the tag until the end of day 1 because I just didn't feel right about asking for it. Thank god I did. My back was killing me from holding him on lines

oliviosis

Thank you for all the advice. We did not do the DAS but we did get a tag for his stroller. It helped ALOT. I didn't get the tag until the end of day 1 because I just didn't feel right about asking for it. Thank god I did. My back was killing me from holding him on lines

I'd love to hear how your trip went! I also have a 2 1/2 year old with Down Syndrome! We are planning to take him for his 4th birthday so we're still a year and a few months out but I am curious how your little one handled the crowds and rides? Glad you got the tag for the stroller. My son also walks but very unsteadily!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom