Chef Mickey's

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Hi Guys, am just getting down to booking my meals (can do it on Tuesday!!) I am coming with my wife and 6 and 3 year old daughters. We have never eaten at Chef Mickey's but really want to. Our question is, what is better for us, the breakfast or the dinner. We are having breakfast at Akershus and more than likely Crystal Palace whilst we are there and lunch/dinner at Garden Grill, Coral Reef and Rainforest so have a bit of a spread. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on Chef Mickeys. Thanks in advance

rob0519

Chef Mickey's is the only place where you're guaranteed to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy in the same place. For us, it's a must each trip. We've only done breakfast there. That being said, the breakfast buffet is only slightly better than food at any iHop or Denny's. The selection and quality has gone down every year for the past decade or so. Love the atmosphere, like the food.

Flyersgirl17

We've done both breakfast and dinner there. We loved both!!! I have seriously THE PICKIEST kid in creation and he always finds something that he likes to eat there for both meals. If you are looking to save a few dollars so breakfast since it is cheaper. But honestly love both. Have a great time!!!

And I'd agree with figmentfan - skip rainforest! it's not that great at all. Have you thought about Tusker house? Love the breakfast there too! Such a great spread and the fruit is soooooo fresh and ripe!! And OMG the Jamba Juice(yum).

Disney4family

Chef Mickey's b'fast is a must-do for us. We honestly thought about stopping it since the kids are now 14 & 12, but they insisted we go again. It's a tradition. It's classic. It's fun. Twist my arm... :)
The Crystal Palace is our other must-do b'fast. I must have Pooh's stuffed french toast. And - I must cry every summer when I take my picture with Eeyore. I don't care how old I am. It happens and I live for it. :joyfull:
We weren't thrilled with the Garden Grill. Tried it a few times. The last time we were there, the waitress was a bit upset at the amount of meat she had to bring to our table for the unlimited food. She gave my husband an "award". Hmmmmm. I know people love it. At first we enjoyed the interaction with the characters. They did come around a lot. We won't go back, though. That'll make room for others who do love it. No worries.
My sister raves about the Coral Reef. We'll try it for the first time this summer for dinner. Fingers crossed!
We love going to the Rainforest Cafe at AK for lunch!!! Honestly, we've only had one bad experience in a decade of popping in. As they say, it's a fun place to shop and eat. They were so kind once, too. We purchased one of their sets of animals (in a box). My niece broke one of the animal's tails one day. I called them up directly since they don't sell online. The CM sent me a new set for free since AK is one of my son's favorite parks (Epcot is his true fave).
This site has great reviews.
Here are others, too -
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=163
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=60
http://allears.net/dining/menu/garden-grill/lunch-dinner
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=83
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=133

carriebeth

Dinner has always fit into our schedule better so that's what we have always done at Chef Mickey's. Its certainly not gourmet food, but there is a great big variety and I am sure everyone will find a plate full of things they like. The main thing is, however, that its fun there. The characters are a good interaction and the little dancing time is well loved by my children. It will pretty much be all families eating there so its comfortable for parents of little ones, no need to worry about your child being a kid!

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies guys, we are going with Akershus, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Tuskers, Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Rainforest Cafe for lunch/dinner. We have done a few of them before and I understand what people say about the Rainforest, but my 5 year old loves it there and can't wait to go back for the volcano pudding!

ajmellu7

Original Poster
I am very excited as are my kids as we have managed to get into Chef Mickey's for breakfast on the Sunday morning. This will be my 14th trip over to Florida but the 1st time I have managed to eat there, so am really looking forward to it. Only 178 days to go!!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I'm glad someone started a thread for this. We will be doing Chef Mickey this time for breakfast and it seems like breakfast is THE way to go. So, it'll be Splitsville and Chef Mickey's for us.

Todd H

Another vote for breakfast, although to be honest, it's really nothing special food-wise. The main draw for us is a chance for my son to meet Mickey and the gang.

MaryJaneP

Having been to CM for both, maybe we can be one family that votes in favor of a dinner. Neither meal is particularly memorable food-wise. There is something to be said about walking from the MK to CR for dinner at CM and then catching the fireworks from the concourse platform. You could always wander back to MK after the meal to re-enter and spend a little more magic time. Oh, the options. Have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom