Chef Mickey's vs. 1900 Park Fare

todd23

Original Poster
Thoughts on dining (dinner) at Chef Mickey's vs. 1900 Park Fare for two mid-30s adults with no children. Which do you pick? Why do you pick that one?

We have been to Chef Mickey's before for breakfast, but never for dinner. We have never been to 1900 Park Fare.

I am leaning toward Chef Mickey's. My wife is leaning toward 1900 Park Fare.

slappy magoo

1900 PF - slightly more diverse and unique selection
Chef Mickey's- (from my experience) tastier and (again from my experience) fresher...maybe because the food is tastier, people eat more of it so they have to bring more out.

But 1900 PF has characters you otherwise might not see at other character meals like the Big 5.

sissa216

I vote 1900 Park Fare! Anastasia and Drizella are so much fun to interact with at dinner. I really enjoy the food. People go crazy for the strawberry soup (I'm personally not a huge fan- but so many people are!)

Chef Mickey's at dinner will feel very similar to breakfast, with different food. I love CM too- but personally, I vote 1900 for someone who hasn't been there before!

SpaceMountain75

I'd say 1900 Park Fare all around for food quality and atmosphere. The stepsisters had my family and I in stitches last time we were there!
We had dinner at Chef Mickey's last year and it kind of soured us on the experience. While the atmosphere was alright, the food was sub-par to bad.

Kate Alan

Another vote for 1900 Park Fare. Breakfast at Chef Mickeys is fine but agree to whoever said their dinner experience was sub-par food wise. I stopped eating dinner there years ago.

KAAAAAHN

Aren't both of those Buffets?

This is hilarious. We are going in a few weeks and have 3 dinner reservations. 19000 park book ended by Chef Mickeys. We think Chef Mickey's is the best place at Disney World when you have kids in tow.

If it were me, it would be the place at Epcot with all the Brats or Canada ..... which specializes in steaks. Actually, if we ever go without kids many years from now I will demand that we eat at Canada.

We might change to a different restaurant after our first visit to Chef Mickeys.

ImagineerDude

1900 Park Fare hands down. The food, atmosphere, and characters are 10x better the Chef Mickey's (for dinner at least, never have been to breakfast at either one). Bring a ring pop to one of the stepsisters and propose, it's a blast!!

Dafid Duck

We've done Chef Mickey's three times for dinner over the years. As our daughter has gotten older, the experience has gotten worse. When she was little, it was fun to wave your napkin around and parade around the restaurant. The last time we went (daughter was 15) we realized the characters and the excitement masked the sub-par food. The characters didn't seem to know how to interact with grownups. In fact, Mickey just high fived and moved on. We needed to call him back for a picture. This upcoming trip we are foregoing Chef Mickey's and going to 1900 Park Fare for dinner for our first time. We have heard nothing but good things about food, character interaction and we LOVE the strawberry soup from past breakfast experiences!

PigletIsMyCat

we've done both for breakfast and dinner so many times. i think the food at 1900 is a bit better, i don't know why. maybe i just like the options better? they've also treated my vegetarian brother VERY well any time we've eaten there for breakfast or dinner.

i think one of the big differences is the character interaction. chef mickeys does have mickey, minnie, goofy, sometimes donald and/or chip and dale... all fur characters. 1900 has some face characters - which COMPLETELY changes the interaction. at dinner, lady tremaine and the stepsisters are very interactive (omg i have some stories that are RIDICULOUS) and at breakfast, we've come across mary poppins, alice, and the mad hatter. the mad hatter in particular has stolen one of our party's chairs before and tried to tuck into his food.

and we've never dined with children at either. we're always grown ups, the youngest maybe in mid-20s. we have developed numerous problems with chef mickey's recently, namely the whole waving-your-napkin-in-the-air thing. ew.

HouCuseChickie

I'm not a big fan of dinner (or lunch) buffets at WDW, but if I had to pick food-wise between these two....I'd say the food at 1900 PF dinner is noticeably better. Both can be fun meals, but assuming I'm hungry and actually want to eat- I'd pick PF for the food. Chef Mickey's dinner was vile when we tried it.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Not that you need another person with the same opinion, but...1900 Park Fare to our family is a far superior dinner experience. I expect that last year was our last visit to Chef Mickey's. Nothing bad, just too little kid oriented. 1900 definitely has a better atmosphere and a little less chaos. I would say the food at 1900 is a LARGE amount better.

mpeters

Dinner at Chef Mickeys is kind of sub par. Would only go there for breakfast. Never been to 1900 for dinner but we have adrs for it when we go in a couple of weeks. I hope it's good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom