Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana breakfast?

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm making ADRs more than 180 days out (already have resort reservation) for 10/31. I'm travelling solo. Which breakfast would you pick: Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana?

Yes, I have a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe on check out day. On 10/31 my plan is to spend morning/afternoon at Disney Springs before MNSSHP that night. I already have a lunch ADR at Boathouse at 2:00 pm. Figured I would get in a breakfast ADR in the MK resort area then take a bus directly to DS from one of the resorts. Then bus from DS to MK.

YozhikRoth

I didn't have the greatest experience at Chef Mickey's in February. Breakfast was the standard buffet fare, with the exception of lox and krispy kremes :). Characters were being rushed through by their handlers, maybe spending 30-45 seconds with my family. In contrast, at the Crystal Palace, the characters spent as much time as my kids wanted.

dupac

Traveling solo, I would pick 'Ohana. The view from 'Ohana is beautiful, and the buffet at Chef Mickey's isn't anything to write home about.

JohnD

Original Poster
Thanks all! I cancelled Chef Mickey's and went with 'Ohana. I decided not to go on my DS/MNSSHP day. Too much effort in one day. I scheduled it for my Epcot day the next day. Figured I would take the bus to MK, boat or monorail to Poly for breakfast then walk to TTC for monorail to Epcot.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks all! I cancelled Chef Mickey's and went with 'Ohana. I decided not to go on my DS/MNSSHP day. Too much effort in one day. I scheduled it for my Epcot day the next day. Figured I would take the bus to MK, boat or monorail to Poly for breakfast then walk to TTC for monorail to Epcot.
o_O

That's a lot of transportation just for breakfast. Did you consider Garden Grill? Instead of Pop bus to MK, boat to Poly, walk to TTC, monorail to Epcot it would just be Pop bus to Epcot. Done.

JohnD

Original Poster
o_O

That's a lot of transportation just for breakfast. Did you consider Garden Grill? Instead of Pop bus to MK, boat to Poly, walk to TTC, monorail to Epcot it would just be Pop bus to Epcot. Done.

I figured Sunshine Seasons on the other day in Epcot. Hadn't thought of Garden Grill. Thanks for the option.

YozhikRoth

Disney transportation is dicey at best trying to get to a breakfast reservation. I had a 7:30 reservation for Chef Mickey's, and from the CBR, I took an Uber, and it was a whopping $9

JohnD

Original Poster
o_O

You'll be pleased to know I listened to you and cancelled 'Ohana and went with Garden Grill. Besides, it puts me in The Land pavilion near Soarin' which I can ride after breakfast. I've been to 'Ohana dinner anyway. Since both Garden and 'Ohana have character breakfasts might as well do Garden Grill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom