Checking in to Character Meals?

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
I have lunch reservations at Akershus at 1:45pm next week. I also have a 7pm reservation at Cinderella's for dinner the next day. I'm curious as to when I'm supposed to check in. Do I go up 15m before my reservation or do I wait until my reservation time is up?

I'm trying to coordinate when I should leave Magic Kingdom that morning to get to Akershus mostly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have lunch reservations at Akershus at 1:45pm next week. I also have a 7pm reservation at Cinderella's for dinner the next day. I'm curious as to when I'm supposed to check in. Do I go up 15m before my reservation or do I wait until my reservation time is up?

I'm trying to coordinate when I should leave Magic Kingdom that morning to get to Akershus mostly.
15 mins before would be a good bet. The times are not really precise seating times and you will be seated at the next availability for your party size. So checking in 15 mins before might get you seated at around your reservation time. Checking in at your actual reservation time might get you seated about 15 minutes after.

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
Ah ok cool, so if I don't get there right at 1:30, I'm OK and won't lose my reservation? We're eating a good mid-morning snack so we'll be OK to eat later.

CAPTAIN HOOK

so if I don't get there right at 1:30, I'm OK
It depends on which side of "getting there right at 1:30" you're going to arrive. Up to 15 minutes early is ideal, after you're reservation time is a bit cheeky, beyond 15 minutes after your reservation time and you run the risk of losing it.
If you book for1:30, plan on getting there for 1:30. If this doesn't fit in with you mid morning snack then skip the snack

bee

It depends on which side of "getting there right at 1:30" you're going to arrive. Up to 15 minutes early is ideal, after you're reservation time is a bit cheeky, beyond 15 minutes after your reservation time and you run the risk of losing it.
If you book for1:30, plan on getting there for 1:30. If this doesn't fit in with you mid morning snack then skip the snack
I think the OP said the reservation is at 1:45, so yes, as long as you arrive no later than the actual reservation time it will be fine.

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
Yeah the actual reservation time is 1:45. I'm just trying to plan to get there and check in around 1:30. BUT I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a hard-set requirement to check in early, because if we are delayed walking back to the Norway pavillion, then I don't want to lose the lunch if I arrive right at 1:45.

I'm traveling with a 6 year old, so running her around Epcot isn't ideal. She's going to want to look around a little. That's why we're trying to leave MK no later than 12:15pm so we don't have to jog around Epcot for a lunch. We'll do some stuff *after* lunch though. :) Gotta see Figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom