Check in time

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can check in at any time, there is always a CM at the desk. But it doesn't mean your room will be ready at that time ;)

We have checked in as early as 7 a.m. A few times we got lucky and our room was ready. Most times the room wasn't available until after 3 p.m. (the "official" time.)

Gaston's gal

We have been able to check in in the morning, but it depends on when you go. Do your "early check in" before you go and that could help. Maybe you can get your check in info on your phone like they are doing now. Wouldn't that be nice?

DizneyPryncess

We checked in once around 8 AM, but the room wasn't ready yet. It was a few hours later, but still ahead of regular check in time, that the room was available.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
One new feature they have is a text notification. If you show up early and leave your bags, you can go off and enjoy the resort or a park and they'll text you when the room is ready.

JasonDeyoung

I've checked in as well very early like 7am - 9am ish times and have gotten lucky and was ready other times if it wasn't I got checked in and they just text you when your room is ready and the room number. Latest I've got my room was 1pm and that was at peak time in July

Rob562

The earliest Disney will guarantee that you can check in (or "pre-register" in their terms) is 7am. You might be able to do it earlier but it depends on when the computers have finished their overnight processes and are ready for the new business day to start.

-Rob

WDW!

We have checked in & got our room card at 11:30 am. But we have also had to wait til 3:00 for a room (we go to DTD when things aren't ready)

Evil Genius

The last two years we've stayed at POP and used on line check in. When we've arrived at the resort around 7:00 A.M. our room has been ready for us! I know it's not the norm but we've had great luck.

Rob562

When do we separate "early" from "late"? Because once we got in at about 1am.

Also, the thread title makes me sing it to the tune of "Step In Time".

1am on Friday is still considered to be part of Thursday's operating day. Thus 1am is still considered "late".
If you want to arrive and check in at 1am (or 2am or 3am) on Friday, you'll need to have a reservation with an arrival date of Thursday.

If you have a reservation checking in on Thursday and you haven't arrived by 7am Friday (and haven't called ahead to tell them you're delayed) you'll be considered a no-show.

-Rob

ratherbeinwdw

We were going to arrive around 3:30 a.m. on a Friday and were told we would have to pay for Thursday also. Luckily, we were able to change some things and arrived early on Thursday evening. That three and one-half hours would have cost us close to 400.00. It does seem that if they will allow check-in at 7 a.m. that as long as a room is already empty, they shouldn't charge for the extra 3+ hours. If they charged everyone for checking-in before 3 p.m., then that would be reasonable. This really isn't a problem with me, just an observation, as we normally arrive around 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. anyway.

Pluto15

I called ahead for my upcoming booking and room will be ready when we arrive at 1pm. Give the front desk a call at your resort and they should be able to assist :)

Weather_Lady

When we've checked in at moderate resorts in the morning (as early as 7am, when official check-in time is 3pm), our room has always been ready.

The one time we stayed at a deluxe (Wilderness Lodge Villa), we checked in at noon (official check-in time is 4pm) and our room wasn't ready until after 5:00pm. :rolleyes: I was annoyed at first, since that meant we had to check our bags with Bell Services and go amuse ourselves at the Magic Kingdom without unpacking first (be still, my OCD heart)! But by the time the "room ready" text arrived, I was fresh off of a plummet down Splash Mountain and stuffing a Dole Whip into my mouth, unable to be annoyed by anything. :)

Appropos of nothing, our local high school is doing "Mary Poppins" and I've been helping out with the production. Your title of "check-in time" now has me singing it on an endless loop in my head, to the tune of "Step In Time." So, thanks for that. ;)

Last edited:

Rob562

We were going to arrive around 3:30 a.m. on a Friday and were told we would have to pay for Thursday also. Luckily, we were able to change some things and arrived early on Thursday evening. That three and one-half hours would have cost us close to 400.00. It does seem that if they will allow check-in at 7 a.m. that as long as a room is already empty, they shouldn't charge for the extra 3+ hours. If they charged everyone for checking-in before 3 p.m., then that would be reasonable. This really isn't a problem with me, just an observation, as we normally arrive around 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. anyway.

Well they have to have a set cutoff time for official policy. 7am is pretty standard in the hotel industry.

-Rob

midnightsun

Normally we arrive in the late evening, as we come from the west coast, but coming up in May we're taking the red eye so we'll actually be arriving to the airport around 6am. I'm really hoping with the early check in online and calling them on the phone our room will be ready (we're staying at Pop this time). I'm going to need a nap!

disney4life2008

I have checked in at the resort as early as 7am (sports). My room was not ready so I had breakfast and took photos on the grounds and about 830am i got the text with my room location.

JohnD

Online check-in begins 60 days out. You should at least request an earlier check in time to give them advance notice to accomodate your request. Better than showing up and asking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom