Check-In Question

ionfreeway

We're booked to check in at AS-Music this saturday. The web site says check-in is after 3. Our flight should get into MCO around 6, which means we'll probably get to the Hotel between 7-7:30. I know sometimes hotels (in the real world) give your room away if you dont get there by a certain time. Is this the case with the Disney Resorts? Should I give them a call and tell them what time we expect to get there?

Thanks for any advice!

PurpleFigment

It's not a busy time at Disney right now, so you should be safe. My guess is they've got a lot of rooms sitting empty right now. i don't think they've got a habit of giving away rooms anyway -- I constantly check in after Epcot closes because I just can't wait to get to the parks the second I get in Orlando! If you're worried about it, though, you can call the resort and have them put a notation in your file that you have requested a late check-in.

Good luck! Have fun at the parks! I can't wait to get there myself!

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Well, if you have already paid a deposit, then you will be fine, however, if you did not pay your first nights deposit, then there is no guarantee on your room. We lost our room once at ASMusic about three years ago because they lost the information on our paid deposit, and they gave our room away. We ended up at Carribian Beach for a night, which really wasn't all that bad, but was still a royal pain to pack up and get back to ASMusic in the morning to get our room. CALL central reservations and comfirm your deposit.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We had the same worries last year when we were arriving at All Star Movies late in the evening, we had 2 rooms and 5 kids w/us. I called the resort directly the morning of our flight and explained the situation, the CM was great, when we arrived she had reserved 2 connecting rooms in Dalmation Bldg. #1 which was perfect for us, close to everything, also the kids loved looking out at the pools etc! So my advice is call the resort directly in the AM of your flight! good luck! have fun

Upvote 0

ionfreeway

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

We paid for our rooms (we were told we had 2 adjoining rooms in the Calypso building) in full already, but I think I'll give them a call anyway just for piece of mind.

thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
We once arrived late at the Contemporary, and they had given our confirmed (with a deposit) tower room away. However, they switched us to a concierge level junior suite. ;)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I wouldn't worry about them giving the room away. But if it would give you peace of mine, I would call and tell them that you will be arriving late.

pam

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

All you have to do is let them know you'll be checking in late. I called the other day and told Port Orleans I wont be arriving until about 11pm and they said no problem, they'll just make a note of that in the computer...

27 more days to go!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Jaim-Jaim, We are going to be there at the same time exactly May 21st-26th. I Am gojing to only be at PO Riverside though. Hope you have fun!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey Jaim-Jaim, We are going to be there at the same time exactly May 21st-26th. I Am gojing to only be at PO Riverside though. Hope you have fun!!!!! Belle

I'm going to be there then as well. :) I'm going to be at the Contemporary. Yay!

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

And what happens if you arrive there too early? Brazilian flights leave around 11 PM our time and get there by 5:30, 6 AM. What would be the appropriate course to take in this scenario?

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by MKCustodial
And what happens if you arrive there too early? Brazilian flights leave around 11 PM our time and get there by 5:30, 6 AM. What would be the appropriate course to take in this scenario?

Usually even if we get there early, they find a spot for us.

Last time we went, we got there early, there was not a room available, and we had to wait. We left our luggage with them and went to MK. 6 am is reeeeeeeally early though- I would call them and see if they can arrange something.

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Erika
Usually even if we get there early, they find a spot for us.

Last time we went, we got there early, there was not a room available, and we had to wait. We left our luggage with them and went to MK. 6 am is reeeeeeeally early though- I would call them and see if they can arrange something.

Well, if they can keep my luggage safe while I go out and play, it's fine by me, really! :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

wild01ride

No matter what time you get there, they will be more than happy to store your luggage at the resort in holding while you are out and about during the day.

Upvote 0

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
It should be fine - flying from the UK we were delayed 8 hours and eventually reached Port Orleans Riverside at 12.30am the next day - finally when we did get to check in it was a quick and simple as always :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom