Chearleader??

Gina

The cheerleaders are usually there the first week of February (when I usually go) and most always stay at the All-Star Resorts. I've never found them to be disruptive or affect crowds much, but they *are* awful perky at 7am, and that's hard to stomache. ;) Also, if you have a courtyard-facing room at an All-Star Resort, you might be bugged by early-morning or late-night practicing.

Hope this helps!

-gina-

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Gina
The cheerleaders are usually there the first week of February (when I usually go) and most always stay at the All-Star Resorts. I've never found them to be disruptive or affect crowds much, but they *are* awful perky at 7am, and that's hard to stomache. ;) Also, if you have a courtyard-facing room at an All-Star Resort, you might be bugged by early-morning or late-night practicing.

Hope this helps!

-gina-

Oh no! That's when I'll be there! (but not at the All-Stars) I also find "perky" hard to handle at 7AM. ;)

Upvote 0

tnkrbell

Original Poster
lol !!:D
last year we stayed at Beach club and Miss America or usa I cant remember contestents were staying at the hotel!!!!!!
I thought it was funny only I would have to worry about going to the pool with miss America sitting next to me!! :D Talk about feeling insecure!! :)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I love the cheerleaders! You have GOTTA be at MGM the day they go! You can hear them screaming on the Tower of Terror from across the park! It's hilarious!

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I'm sure MarkyMark, Tramp and all our other Hot Blooded males would love to go to Disney in February. I bet they'd make a cute bunch of cheerleaders too.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I personally didn't like being there during cheerleader competitions...they practice all the damn time and are always around....

I was pushed over the edge when I was on a bus back to the resort at 10 pm after the parks closed, and they insisted on doing cheer after cheer about their school, the bus driver, each other...etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..

I was thinking about kicking that back door open, and just hurling cheerleaders off the bus.....hehe...

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
I knew we could agree on something!

Originally posted by Fievel
I personally didn't like being there during cheerleader competitions...they practice all the damn time and are always around....

I was pushed over the edge when I was on a bus back to the resort at 10 pm after the parks closed, and they insisted on doing cheer after cheer about their school, the bus driver, each other...etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..

I was thinking about kicking that back door open, and just hurling cheerleaders off the bus.....hehe...

Ditto!:sohappy: Damn, I'm gonna be there too. *Rethinking* "Oh boy, I'm going to Disney World"!!!:D

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

NO ONE is worse than those groups...at least the cheerleaders aren't as rude and have enough class not to cut in line and swear at me in a different language. Not to mention that extremely irritating clapping--true, cheerleaders do clap too, but not at random points in the middle of Fantasmic!.

Upvote 0

OldKeyWest24

Brazilian tour Groups? I dont think ive encountered tem..please share sum expereinces..lol. As for cheerleaers when i ride the school bus everyday they cheer about anything in site. trees, garbage cans, water bottles..anything..ITS WAYYY TO PERKY FOR 6:00 IN THE MORNING!

Susan

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

oh my gosh those groups are obnoxious. They start they day in a 100 person swarm, all with green shirts following one or two adults carrying green flags. By afternoon, they break off into small groups of about 6 and are like little viruses infecting the parks. They cut in lines, swear in Portuguese, smell nasty, are EXTREMELY loud, clap all the time. I was at Fantasmic! once, and those two kewl guys were doing their pre-show. The Brazilians didn't understand them, and all 100 of them clapped the whole time...VERY LOUD...VERY ANNOYING. Some ambassadors THEY are...
Kyle

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by DogsRule!
oh my gosh those groups are obnoxious. They start they day in a 100 person swarm, all with green shirts following one or two adults carrying green flags. By afternoon, they break off into small groups of about 6 and are like little viruses infecting the parks. They cut in lines, swear in Portuguese, smell nasty, are EXTREMELY loud, clap all the time. I was at Fantasmic! once, and those two kewl guys were doing their pre-show. The Brazilians didn't understand them, and all 100 of them clapped the whole time...VERY LOUD...VERY ANNOYING. Some ambassadors THEY are...
Kyle

...lol....that pretty much sums it up....except they do understand when a guy like me grabs them by the shirt and points to the back of the line....it must be that pleasant, Disney smile i give them...

...beware that one will get in line for food and 15 will come up and give that person their order....that lasts about 2 people with me and then I start showing my teeth.

Upvote 0

Pan

A couple months ago I posted here asking at which time of year do our Brazilian friends usually descend upon Disney, and NowInc told me February. That's when my trip is! I hope he was just pulling my leg.

Upvote 0

Pan

As far as the chearleaders, I called General Info, Disney Wide World of Sports, and the All-Star resorts, and none of them knew of any chearleader competetion the first week of Feb. There was some chearleader competition already in January and there is something called Twirlamania in the middle of Feb, so maybe that's them. You might be in luck DogsRule!!! Aren't you going then? I just pray all this correct and I'm spared the pain.:D

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I'm going Feb. 15-24, so I may be in luck. As for the comment before, NowInc was certainly NOT pulling your leg. There are THOUSANDS of Brazillians infecting Disney World in February. THOUSANDS. They are EVERYWHERE. Generally a few one-hundred person swarms in each park each day...I recommend getting a Portuguese dictionary so you can "let them know" you know what they are saying...if they aren't as ignorant as I think they are, they might even shut up...either way, the look of shock on their mugs will be priceless...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom