ChEAR Squad

Hannah1284

Original Poster
Has anyone done the ChEAR squad or had a family/friend do it? My mom is considering it, but isn't sure if its worth it?

Ariel484

I don't know a ton about it, but I think I remember reading other people say it wasn't worth the price. It seems the real draw is the reserved seating at the finish, I guess?

From the runDisney.com spectator section:

As a spectator, friend, family and/or Guest of one of our event participants, you can be a part of the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend when you join the CHEAR Squad!

Registered ChEAR Squad members will get inside information and tips about race weekend and much more by pre-purchasing a package! Choose your ChEAR Squad package today! Here are the levels and amenities for each ChEAR Squad Package:

ChEAR Squad – BRONZE Package includes:

E-newsletter detailing all of the weekend events to make your experience truly magical!

ChEAR Squad – SILVER Package includes:

The E-newsletter included with the Bronze Package plus...
ChEAR Squad gear which includes:
Waterproof Stadium Blanket
Mickey clappers (exclusive to ChEAR Squad!)
ChEAR Squad T-shirt

ChEAR Squad – GOLD Package includes*:

All of the Silver Package amenities plus...
Reserved ChEAR Zone viewing location along the course (first-come, first-served)
Entry into the Finish Line ChEAR Zone which includes:
Reserved grandstand seating (first-come, first-served)
Hot and cold beverages
Private restrooms

ChEAR Squad – PLATINUM Package includes:

All of the Gold Package amenities plus...
Entry into the Race Retreat** which includes:
Disney Character greetings
Brunch plus hot and cold beverages
Temperature-controlled tent with indoor lounges & family style dine seating
Internet access to check live results
Private Restrooms
Information Station
Live video feed from the Finish Line

Package Pricing:

Half Marathon
Bronze Package – No Charge
Sliver Package – $39
Gold Package – $65
Platinum Package – $105

Marathon
Sliver Package – $39
Gold Package – $65
Platinum Package – $105

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
Sliver Package – $39
Gold Package – $85
Platinum Package – $165

Witchy Chick

I think MK is open for spectators (Main St/hub only?) so your supporters don't necessarily need to purchase the ChEAR squad stuff to support you.

I might broach the subject to MIL and FIL of getting up early Marathon Sunday to cheer DH on through the MK. Timing would probably be 6:15-6:30ish depending on his start time and pace.

Ariel484

I think MK is open for spectators (Main St/hub only?) so your supporters don't necessarily need to purchase the ChEAR squad stuff to support you.

I might broach the subject to MIL and FIL of getting up early Marathon Sunday to cheer DH on through the MK. Timing would probably be 6:15-6:30ish depending on his start time and pace.

Yep, that's right! I think in the past the race people have recommended that spectators take the bus to the start with the runner and then take the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, then transfer to the monorail that goes to the Magic Kingdom. The spectators are on the left side of Main Street (that's as far as they can go), volunteers/CMs are on the right. :) Maybe you can pick out a place to stand beforehand and let your husband know where to look for you?

Another good place to spectate during the full is the path that goes from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk (near mile marker 24).

Witchy Chick

Yep, that's right! I think in the past the race people have recommended that spectators take the bus to the start with the runner and then take the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, then transfer to the monorail that goes to the Magic Kingdom. The spectators are on the left side of Main Street (that's as far as they can go), volunteers/CMs are on the right. :) Maybe you can pick out a place to stand beforehand and let your husband know where to look for you?

Another good place to spectate during the full is the path that goes from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk (near mile marker 24).

Thanks for the info. We're probably not heading to the Marathon start (too early for us). Since we're staying at Polynesian, I thought hopping the monorail to MK, watching DH run through, then hopping the monorail back (either to Poly to collect the kids/rest of our group or to GF to meet everyone for breakfast) would work.

I'm not sure if we'll tell him we'll be there on the course or if we will surprise him. :)

Kristia

Thanks for the info. We're probably not heading to the Marathon start (too early for us). Since we're staying at Polynesian, I thought hopping the monorail to MK, watching DH run through, then hopping the monorail back (either to Poly to collect the kids/rest of our group or to GF to meet everyone for breakfast) would work.

I'm not sure if we'll tell him we'll be there on the course or if we will surprise him. :)
We will also be running right by the Poly too!

dreamfinder

It is pretty pricey for what it includes. Bronze is basically get on our mailing list. Silver is basically buy some merch, Gold has the ability to get into the bleachers area at the finish. Platinum is pretty darn pricey, and gets your the access to the heated tent, with food and an occasional character walking through. I think my DW made me promise to buy the Platinum if it looks like it will be as cold as it was a few years back. Unless the bleachers/heated tent are a must have, I'd say it's not worth it. Anyone can watch from most of the good spots (TTC, Main Street, etc) and the merch isn't all that great.

dreamfinder

Cool. I'll have to look at the course map and do some guesstimating. :)

They will post (if they haven't already) a spectator guide that provides estimate as to when your runner should reach a particular part on the course, how to maximize viewing your runner, and how to get to each location using available transportation.

Tidoubleger1968

I am a spectator and accompany my wife to the start. I was denied entry into the tent until after the gun goes. The tent was empty as the runners were all gone but we were still turned away. IMHO it is NOT worth the money. What is the point of paying money to be told to stand in the cold as the tent is empty. Waste of money.

Mad Stitch

I am a spectator and accompany my wife to the start. I was denied entry into the tent until after the gun goes. The tent was empty as the runners were all gone but we were still turned away. IMHO it is NOT worth the money. What is the point of paying money to be told to stand in the cold as the tent is empty. Waste of money.
Which ChEAR Squad package did you get? Silver, gold, or platinum? You need the platinum to be admitted to the tent.

dreamfinder

The time for the race retreat does specify a period of closure after the runners leave before the spectators can go in. Lets them clean up and reset everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom