Cheapest way to get from MCO

tigger1968

In the past we have used Mears if it was just the wife and myself. One trip we had niece, nephew and MIL with us, and the Mears counter staff actually pointed out it would be cheaper to use one of their taxi vans. It was about $45 one + tip. That would probably be the cheapest way to go, but you have to call a day ahead of your departure to set up a pickup, and we have been stood up by a cab before. Spend the few extra dollars and go with a towncar service. It is well worth it. Used Tiffany on our last trip and loved it. Our driver, Gil, was awesome, and took us and picked us up. We'll never go Mears or taxi again, to be honest. Its worth the extra money for all the perks you get!

Buzzes Dad

We used to use Mears, but we finally got fed up with the delays getting on the shuttle and all of the stops. The last time we went we tried Tiffany Towncar and had a wonderful experiance.(85 RT). WE booked online with them last week for our trip in Jan and it was 90(RT) for the town car. I think the Van for 6 or more is not much more, maybe 10 dollars or so. I would go with this option because the carry your luggage for you and it is a direct line to your hotel, and it makes you feel important when you come down the escalator to the baggage claim and see the driver holding a card with your family name on it.:lol: MY son really liked that.

darrin933

The Absolute Cheapest And Best Way Is Franco Transportation 877-273-6003 Or 407-658-2255 Ask For Larry, He Is The Owner. I Went With My Girlfriend In May And The Limo Did Not Show On Time And The Airport Baggage People Called Him And He Was There In 10 Minutes And Charged My 50 To Go To Animal Kingdom Lodge. I Just Talked To Him Yesterday And He Is Picking Us Up Again On New Years Eve. Tell Him Darrin The Browns Fan From Cleveland Told You To Call And Let Him Tell You Our Story! A Great Guy Better Than Mears!

Hurricane

MickeyLuv'r said:
I know most of you out there take a limo, but I was wondering...When I drive a rental, I always adjust the mirrors and seat as soon as I get in, but I often forget to look for the window controls until I get to the toll booth. Having driven through New Jersey many times, I hate it when I can't be a speedy toll payer. I wonder how many people a day fumble for the window controls at that first toll booth leaving the airport in Orlando each day. I can only imagine what the toll booth workers think when they see another obvious tourist slowing things down...and commuters...I feel even more pity for Orlando commuters...anyone else share similar thoughts?

SUNPASS -- Only tourists use change ; )

MickeyLuv'r

I forgot about Sunpass, but in order to get any of those fastpass systems, you have to give your credit card for automatic charging...a lot of people don't want to do that. The last time I came in through Orlando, they didn't ask to see my papers on leaving the airport, but I guess most companies do ask.

optjay

Question? Whats the deal with those unmanned correct change toll booths? what if you dont have correct change? do you make all the people behind you back up so you can get change?

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
optjay said:
Question? Whats the deal with those unmanned correct change toll booths? what if you dont have correct change? do you make all the people behind you back up so you can get change?

There is an easy answer... If you do not have the exact change, don't get in this lane. There are always as many "Change/Receipt" lanes to get in.
But if you, by mistake, get into a cash only lane and realize you do not have it, there is always an employee that will come to you. You'll get some angry drivers behind you though... :lol:

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
darrin933 said:
The Absolute Cheapest And Best Way Is Franco Transportation 877-273-6003 Or 407-658-2255 Ask For Larry, He Is The Owner. I Went With My Girlfriend In May And The Limo Did Not Show On Time And The Airport Baggage People Called Him And He Was There In 10 Minutes And Charged My 50 To Go To Animal Kingdom Lodge. I Just Talked To Him Yesterday And He Is Picking Us Up Again On New Years Eve. Tell Him Darrin The Browns Fan From Cleveland Told You To Call And Let Him Tell You Our Story! A Great Guy Better Than Mears!

Hello darrin933,

I hope we weren't the ones leaving you behind... :rolleyes:

As for Franco Transportation I can not comment (don't know them), but what the skycap (baggage people) did is against the law in Orlando airport. He called a company and that is considered soliciting by airport rules and regulations. He could easily get fired if caught. :eek:

I'm just making this comment since all of you, as visitors to Orlando, might get solicited at the airport by a company without commercial insurance, or even worse, one that will overcharge you. If you do not have anything pre-arranged, go with the official airport transportation (either the shuttles or taxis). :wave:

Regards to all,

Gregory Nicolas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom