Cheapest way to get from MCO

longfamily

Limo. There is a thread around here somewhere that has price ranges for limos. I believe the median price was around $150 (it could be lower but not higher). For 6 people, this is cheaper than going with Mears, plus you get to arrive in style:D

DizGuru2004

Mears Shuttle service is approx. $30 per person, round-trip. Town car service wouldn't be an option for you because of the number of people you have. (They hold 4, and are $75 each way, $150 round trip.) The limo service is $135 each way for up to 7, for a total of $270. These prices are the prices through Walt Disney Travel Company, so your final price may differ slightly. Also keep in mind that whatever you pay generally includes tax and gratuity. So the answer to your question depends on your situation. The Mears Shuttle is cheapest...especially if you are traveling with any children...because the $30 is reduced for kids and is free for kids under 5 I believe. If you're talking about 7 adults, the shuttle is still cheaper than the limo, but not by much. For your extra money, you will not only arrive in style, but you will get to property much faster. You also get extras like being able to ask the driver to stop at the grocery store on the way in. And don't even THINK about a taxi. Pop Century is at least 25 miles from the airport. It will be MUCH more expensive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I must agree Limos in Orlando are almost always the cheapest form of transportation for large groups. Shop the price a little and check on booking a round trip. Most limo companies will shave off a few bucks for the round trip.

Nansafan

We always travel in a group of 6 or more and have used yourride and Quicksilver. Both companies as well as Tiffany Towncar and Happy Limo all offer a van option. The vans hold from 4 to 10 passengers for the same roundtrip price.

Trishnh

being a family of 6, we always use Happy Limo--They are great!! A limo is nice if you want to splurge a little, but the vans are nice, too. If you are lucky like we have been a few times, they will upgrade you for free! Last time they arrived in a huge SUV limo at no extra charge! It was great & the kids loved it!! :sohappy: I cant say enough good things about Happy Limo!!

cj2me

We have used Quicksilver the past two trips. When we went in March, my brother in law had to return to the airport, there was a luggage problem. Quicksilver was so helpful with the situation and got him from the hotel to MCO and back in less than 45 minutes. We used to use MEARS but having our own car service lets us have the MAX amount of time at WDW becuase you dont have to go to other resorts to drop people off and pick people up.

DisneyPhD

Again another glowing report for quicksliver. 4 people can fit in a towncar, but with luggage and a grocery stop it can get full. The Van holds more and is only around $15 dollers more.

We have 5 next trip and will be getting the van. (1 is a baby but they need a seat too!) We also have had good luck with them having a child seat as requested (unlike some other town car services.).

We love the grocery stop and wouldn't go with out it.

We we don't use quick sliver we might rent so I can go to the prime outlets, I love that!

MickeyLuv'r

It is also an idea to consider a rental...depends how long you are staying, and when you are going, and when you book...but you can likely get a minivan for about $200, plus tax and gas. The advantage is that you'll have the ability to go off property if you like.The disadvantage is that you have to drive and deal with the rental company. If you choose an on-airport company it isn't too bad. A minivan might also be a little tight if you bring a lot of luggage, too. Check out www.mousesavers.com for info on all forms of transportation. (including specials and coupons)

I know most of you out there take a limo, but I was wondering...When I drive a rental, I always adjust the mirrors and seat as soon as I get in, but I often forget to look for the window controls until I get to the toll booth. Having driven through New Jersey many times, I hate it when I can't be a speedy toll payer. I wonder how many people a day fumble for the window controls at that first toll booth leaving the airport in Orlando each day. I can only imagine what the toll booth workers think when they see another obvious tourist slowing things down...and commuters...I feel even more pity for Orlando commuters...anyone else share similar thoughts?

Tramp

chuckd said:
What is the cheapest way for a group of 6 to get from the airport to Pop Century?

Thanks

Before I shell out $200 for a limo, I'd rent a minivan at the airport for a week and have the convenience of a vehicle at my disposal. Even one day rentals should keep you under $100 (figure $40 a day) both coming and going and the rental companies usually pick you up or drop you off at your hotel, at least they did when I rented from them several years ago.

Rent the van at the airport, drop it off the next day or the same night in Lake Buena Vista, usually at a hotel near the marketplace. They use to provide a courtesy service of driving you back to your hotel. Even if they don't, you're a short walk to Disney buses which will get you back to your hotel. When you leave, they come to pick you up so you can get your van, and then you drop it at the airport. It takes a little planning and a couple of hours to execute but it may be the 'cheapest' way to go.

At least look into this option. Most companies have rental locations in the Lake Buena Vista area....National has a car rental at the Magic Kingdom. It use to work for me but it may not be to your liking. :wave: Good luck and have fun. If there is no one in your party that can rent a car, this post will self-destruct in 30 seconds. :eek:

barnum42

The rental places I have been to, you have to prsent the documents at a booth before they let you finally drive out, so that would be when anyone would realise they don't know where the window control is.

My forgetfulness is remembering to check which side the gas filler is on and how to open the thing.

PhilharMagician

For 6 people I would go with a luxury van from Quicksilver. The cost is $110.00 round trip + gratuities.

This includes:

Meet and greet service.

Luggage assistance.
Free 30 minutes grocery stop (for round trips only).
No extra charge for car seats or booster seats.

A free 10 minutes long distance or 5 minutes international call.

No credit cards needed to hold your reservation.

No cancellation fees.

No late or early pick-up fees.

All tolls and airport parking are included.

24 hours online reservations.

All major credit cards are accepted.

Mears is approximately $30.00 per person. So if you do not think you will need a car to get around offsite of Disney then Quicksilver is the way to go.

Rcoaster809

PhilharMagician said:
For 6 people I would go with a luxury van from Quicksilver. The cost is $110.00 round trip + gratuities.

This includes:

Meet and greet service.

Luggage assistance.
Free 30 minutes grocery stop (for round trips only).
No extra charge for car seats or booster seats.

A free 10 minutes long distance or 5 minutes international call.

No credit cards needed to hold your reservation.

No cancellation fees.

No late or early pick-up fees.

All tolls and airport parking are included.

24 hours online reservations.

All major credit cards are accepted.

Mears is approximately $30.00 per person. So if you do not think you will need a car to get around offsite of Disney then Quicksilver is the way to go.

I think this is the best option if you are not looking to rent. We did this last year, and we are going to do it again this summer.

Tramp

PhilharMagician said:

This definitely sounds like the best way to go. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom