Trip Report Cheap, no planning Winter Trip

We arrived at Wyndham Bonnet Creek yesterday about 9:30AM. We checked in with no issue, no pressure, and went right to our room. Ooooppppssss....we open the door and a family was there. They were shocked, we were shocked, and everyone was friendly about it. We called the front desk from the tower. They apologized profusely, sent someone over right away with new keys and a new room. The first room was a corner unit, the new one was 4 floors higher up facing the parking lot.

We hit DHS because we were not getting out until the afternoon and a stop at WalMart for groceries. It was a fun afternoon, got on a few rides, traded pins, saw a few characters, walked through the Osborne Lights. Everyhting was great until my daughter had just fallen asleep. I thought a bomb went off. Looking out the window, fireworks are going off like crazy. We can see the Epcot show right from our room in Tower 4. After realizing it was fireworks and not an attack, I got a beer from the fridge, sat on the deck and watched them.

mrdrift

Sounds like a great day at the park. That must have been a little weird to walk in with people still in the room. At least they solved it pretty easy for you. Following along.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Day 2 we hit Epcot. No real planning. I logged in, chose FPs in the morning, and went off. We hit all the big rides up front, traded pins, explored Innoventions. After the final Soarin ride, we headed out to the countries. We decided to try out the Agent P experience. My daughter had a lot of fun doing it. We only did the UK and France. We were able to meet Pooh, Tigger, Jasmine, and Aladding while visiting the countries. It was about 5PM after we got to the US. Trying to figure out what to do for dinner, we opted to head out and go to a steakhouse off propery. Part of this was financial, the other part was my mom was dead tired of walking. We drove about 7 minutes to go to Lone Star. Beer and margarita specials made it worth it alone. Dinner, drinks, and tip total was $80.

We got back to WBC at about 8PM. Great day, great dinner, and far faster back to the hotel. We get to our room... all 4 room keys are dead. I called the front desk, informed them, and they sent someone up. It took about 10 minutes for them to get to the room. Then, they came with keys to the wrong room...ugh!!! They do have a Master Key that got us in. They rushed the 4 keys back up by 8:30.

You can't beat this location and what you get for the money. I am back to the room before I would get a bus to a resort if I was on property. You definitely have to have your own car and APS for free parking. Other than that, it can't be beat.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Been busy as of late and never made updates.

The trip was great besides a few minor hiccups. The biggest issue were the keys at WBC. They demagnetize far too easily. It got old having to get new keys all the time.

We had a blast at the parks. For the most part, lines were not outrageous for this time of year, but longer than I am use to. I made the decision, primarily so my daughter didn't get exhausted, that we would spend all our time in 2 areas of the Magic Kingdom each visit. This way we were not running from one end to the other. The same went for Epcot. We only did parts of it at a time. Instead of all the countries, we did half one day, the other half another. Animal Kingdom is still a 1 day park. Sadly to say, Hollywood Studios is almost a waste of time. There are simply no attractions there other than the shows. There are only so many times you can see the Beauty and the Beast show, Under the Sea with Ariel, Indiana Jones, Muppet 3D, etc.

MK: Excellent and a lot of fun. I can spend 3-4 days there on a trip with afternoon breaks. 7DMT is a waste of space. Goofy's Barnstormer is a better attraction and far less space. This was a waste of time.

Epcot: Still fun, but getting old. Not much changes here. At least my daughter is trying the bigger rides which makes it better for us.

AK: Still fun. Great park to take the afternoon off and enjoy the resort. Maybe back to Epcot or MK for the evening for fireworks and parages. When they get Avatar and the night time show, this will change drastically.

DHS: Disney is in trouble. This park flat out sucks now. They desparately need 10-12 rides, even if they are smaller rides like in Fantasyland. They need this to thin out the herds. If everyone can only go to TSMM, RnRC, and ToT, the lines are going to be long. The only reason people go to the other things is because the lines are so long at these 3. They need to build up Star Wars and Marvel insanely here. Add another thrill ride similar to Manta, Hulk, or Kraken at the other parks. The rest can be smaller type rides if necessary, but they need somewhere for people to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom