Character news

DisneyNut2007

Why is Disney so stuck on always having the same characters out for M&G's? They have a bajillion characters and costumes to roll out, so why not use them? They should have the basic, main characters and the princesses out at all times, but randomize up the other characters. Throw Carl and Russsel from UP out one day, then maybe Lotso the next. Hell, you could randomize them as much as every couple of hours. Let the CM who is working the costume pick any character they know how to do and go out there.

Hey, RAXIP. Did you read this post? Answer the question so he can have a reason to be quiet!

RAXIP

Yup, it's odd considering he seemed to be fairly popular. Not sure why he can't do M&G where Buzz and Woody are. It's not like they'd need to build a new area for him...they could rotate.

There are a few reasons why that wouldn't happen. The Buzz & Woody M&G at DHS is the most popular one in the park, sometimes with wait times up to an hour. It would be a nightmare to alternate between Buzz & Woody and Lotso. It's already difficult enough when just Buzz and Woody are alternating (between 12:30 and 3:00 and after 7:30).

The location would also need to be rethemed (as it is currently Andy's Bedroom from TS2) And Lotso really wouldn't fit in that location either. It'd be an awkwardly tight squeeze through the door and the break room is too small (there is barely enough room for the current cast.)

mm52200

I don't understand if Winnie the Pooh will be in the Animation building, why they can't remove him and the gang from the Sorcerer Hat Meet and Greet set and replace them with Lotso, or Up characters, or Remy, or Flik and Atta. If you can see them in the parade, one would think they would be available for meet and greets.

YunaB17

I've wondered for years if there are any websites out there that document the "evolution" of the meet-n-greet characters-face mold, design, etc., and maybe even a timeline of when characters have gone through the changes. Obviously we have mentioned Smee just got a facelift (and I remember Hook getting one several years back), and I'm curious about such things as when Mad Hatter became a face character, etc. Does anyone know if such a site exists?

well it doesnt cover all of them but it is interesting with a lot of pictures http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...costumes-throughout-the-years-no-fooling.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom