Character news

nickeymouse

I think WTP is again, like everyone said, around too much to get another location. I love him and his friends do not get me wrong, but I'd like to see something fun and new! :shrug:
Also I agree with the facelifts... some characters need some facelifts!
Disney should bring back some old characters and new ones should be out! I loved seeing Miss. Bunny and Thumper, they were new and fun for me! :D

epcotfan

I've wondered for years if there are any websites out there that document the "evolution" of the meet-n-greet characters-face mold, design, etc., and maybe even a timeline of when characters have gone through the changes. Obviously we have mentioned Smee just got a facelift (and I remember Hook getting one several years back), and I'm curious about such things as when Mad Hatter became a face character, etc. Does anyone know if such a site exists?
I'm not sure but I'd love one if there was. Pooh and Eeyore used to look different also. Heck Mickey has gone through a ton of changes since DL opened. I remember the days when it was really rare to see characters out and about. Now they're everywhere!

RAXIP

Lotso's lats day will be April 30th. The Winnie the Pooh M&G is scheduled to open on May 16th.

The Cars location will be getting a makeover for Cars 2. McQueen will leave on April 8th (and head to Ramone's House of Body Art) Mater will say until April 15th. On the 15th, Luigi's Casa Della Tires will close and be re-themed for the new movie. Mater then will do intermittant, roaming appearance on the Streets of America thru April 30. After that there will be no Cars in the park untill May 16th when the M&G location is scheduled to re-open.

The Phineas and Ferb "Play and Greet" (which will be just around the corner from the Cars) is also scheduled to open on May 16th.

NewfieFan

Lotso's lats day will be April 30th. The Winnie the Pooh M&G is scheduled to open on May 16th.

The Cars location will be getting a makeover for Cars 2. McQueen will leave on April 8th (and head to Ramone's House of Body Art) Mater will say until April 15th. On the 15th, Luigi's Casa Della Tires will close and be re-themed for the new movie. Mater then will do intermittant, roaming appearance on the Streets of America thru April 30. After that there will be no Cars in the park untill May 16th when the M&G location is scheduled to re-open.

The Phineas and Ferb "Play and Greet" (which will be just around the corner from the Cars) is also scheduled to open on May 16th.

Well dirt! Going from the 1st to the 8th and I will miss it all!

Thanks for the info, though!

RSoxNo1

Where is Lotso meeting now that will become the new Winnie the Pooh M & G?

RAXIP

Where is Lotso meeting now that will become the new Winnie the Pooh M & G?
The Magic of Disney Animation.

Lotso.jpg

NewfieFan

Why does it take so long for them to switch over to the new characters? Don't they just put up a few new props?

Although, I will say I was impressed with the "Sunnyside Daycare" they had in the queue!

Cosmic Commando

I hope the pooh costume is a new design. Same with Tigger. He needs a redo very badly.
Nine months ago, I would've said that the Pooh costume was great. On my last trip six weeks ago, the way he looked really started to bother me. I'm not sure why I started to notice. I'd also like to see them try a Tigger with a pink nose. I mean, that's what he looks like everywhere else.

djkidkaz

Why is Disney so stuck on always having the same characters out for M&G's? They have a bajillion characters and costumes to roll out, so why not use them? They should have the basic, main characters and the princesses out at all times, but randomize up the other characters. Throw Carl and Russsel from UP out one day, then maybe Lotso the next. Hell, you could randomize them as much as every couple of hours. Let the CM who is working the costume pick any character they know how to do and go out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom