1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Character news

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by drew81, Dec 8, 2010.

1. drew81

drew81 Well-Known Member

Remember these are rumors:

-Phineas and Ferb are getting their own location next to Cars.
    -The old Prince Caspian meet n greet location will have a new meet n greet located in it. No word yet on who this will be.
    -Lotso will be leaving probably in the spring and Winnie the Pooh will be moving there for the new movie.
    -Jessie and Woody are getting a new backdrop location in Frontierland.
  2. stphnbogert

stphnbogert Guest

Sweet. Why would they do Winnie The Pooh? They meet at the Hat, MK and AK. They should bring back the characters from UP! I missed them =( I'm excited (but not holding my breath) for Prince Caspian meet and greet changed. If you don't mind, whats your source for all this? Not trying to debunk this or anything. I'm just curious =D
  3. britlightyear

britlightyear Active Member

I agree, there is definitely too much Winnie the Pooh around WDW. Now if only they could have Phineas and Ferb ready in 45 days...:rolleyes:
  4. JustInTime

JustInTime Well-Known Member

OP is always right on point with the findings. I am sure Pooh is coming because Pixar's Annual movie, Cars 2, will not fit into the building. It would be nice to see the Pooh characters get a facelift. Much like what they did with Smee. THey could use it. Has anyone else felt like the colors on the Pooh characters are just too vibrant?
  5. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Winnie the Pooh is the company's biggest franchise with a new theatrical film hitting this summer. That's why it is getting even more space.
  6. stphnbogert

stphnbogert Guest

then why not do ALL the winnie the pooh characters in prince caspian. that way you reintroduce kanga, roo, owl and all those other creatures. (but not christopher robin, he scares me) lol.
  7. elchippo

elchippo Active Member

I've wondered for years if there are any websites out there that document the "evolution" of the meet-n-greet characters-face mold, design, etc., and maybe even a timeline of when characters have gone through the changes. Obviously we have mentioned Smee just got a facelift (and I remember Hook getting one several years back), and I'm curious about such things as when Mad Hatter became a face character, etc. Does anyone know if such a site exists?
  8. JustInTime

Because the attraction inside is not what is getting replaced. It's just the outside Caspian M&G that is changing. Which I do see as a sign of things to come...

I am fine with a Pooh M&G as long as it brings something new to the table. And I am sure the new movie will include a new character. Look at it as Toy Story meet and greets are everywhere, yet Lostso M&G made sense. A new character would be great.

P.S. I wonder if the updates that were recently done to the MK ride are for new additions for after the movie comes out. Hmmm
  9. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

The new film is based on not-yet-animatred original stories by Milne. While Disney did add Gopher, I doubt they would do that again. People like the "classic" characters that they know and have not been receptive to the new characters Disney has tried to introduce over the past few years.
  10. JustInTime

Well, it's just a rumor that I had heard. Ya never know...
  11. Nick_A

Nick_A On the edge of glory.

I didn't mind Gopher's inclusion so much because of his constant, self-deprecating references to not being in the book ("I'm not in the book, you know!"). I found it amusing.
  12. yensid67

yensid67 Active Member

A little off subject of OP, but do you think they will ever incorporate the talking heads into ALL characters? The first time I saw Mickey's mouth moving and conversing with a guest, it kind of scared me a little bit, but I got use to it! I think it enhances the guests experience! I really think Walt would have done this to the characters since everyting is so technical.
    Wonder what the PARKS would be like if Walt were still alive? Wonder if he would approve of the things they are ding to them?

P.S.
    Now I am being philisophical! LOL!
  13. HeatherK

HeatherK Member

My mother complains about this every single time. She loves Tigger and complains that he is too bright & isn't suppose to be like that :shrug:
  14. mastromjm

mastromjm Member

Winnie the Pooh characters got facelifts in the early 1990s and the late 1990s...Rabbit followed a bit late in 2006. The only one who hasn't gotten anything in years is Tigger, who needs to be toned down in color and get the eyebrows and pink nose he deserves. Those are in the Disney Live shows.
  15. Brian Noble

Brian Noble Active Member

Major Monogram: Aren't you a little old to be this excited about meeting Phineas and Ferb?
    Me: Why yes. Yes I am.
  16. ncstate7991

ncstate7991 Member

Do Jesse and Woody already have a meet and greet somewhere in Frontierland? My daughter loves TS and we are going back in March, so wondering if it will be ready by then, and if not do they have a M&G already? Thank you!
  17. Minigma

Minigma New Member

Character facelif?

If they're giving characters a facelift, will someone please give Jessie a neck ? She creeps me out.
  18. Nick_A

Nick_A On the edge of glory.

They meet and greet in Frontierland, right where the parades exit the park. However, they don't have a backdrop at the moment. The current "backdrop" is either trees or the side of Splash Mountain, depending which way you face.
  19. JimboJones123

JimboJones123 Well-Known Member

I always thought gender swapping Peter Pan was interesting.
  20. JimboJones123

JimboJones123 Well-Known Member