Character meal?????

emma c

so planning for next trip in 2017, and looking at character meals debating between Mickey backyard bbq or chef mickey said??? Any thoughts????

And do you stil get the photos when you arrive? When we went in 2013 we at Cinderella Royal Table we got a 5x7 and some 6x4 photos?

Schneewittchen

I've done both.
It really depends on what kind of experience you want.

We went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ in spring 2015, the kids were 3 and 5. They loved it. They got to dance with the various characters and run around like maniacs. The food is burgers and cookout type stuff, meh. It's in a covered outdoor pavilion (so it can be hot and there are bugs).

We went to Chef Mickey's in spring 2016, kids are now 4 and 6. They liked it. Yay, characters. Normal WDW buffet stuff (not lighting the world on fire....) But it's air-conditioned and in the coolest building ever....

So my babies liked the BBQ better, either way it was meh for mom and dad, but that's not the point, is it?

I assume its all Memory Maker for photos now, we never bother, we're not much for taking people pictures.....

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Rrr cool thinking chef mickeys at the mo! But we will see hubby likes the bbq option........
We get memory maker with are tickets as part of UK package so not too bad if they don't do photo package anymore!

One more question,midst is ob going to Magic Kingdom day, I wanted to do Be
My Guest for lunch which is quick service but do I need to book now???

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Rrr cool thinking chef mickeys at the mo! But we will see hubby likes the bbq option........
We get memory maker with are tickets as part of UK package so not too bad if they don't do photo package anymore!

One more question,midst is ob going to Magic Kingdom day, I wanted to do Be
My Guest for lunch which is quick service but do I need to book now???

Yes. Book as soon as you are able to make reservations. I also recommend preordering your food. You can do it that morning and it was great when we did it.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

The other thing to think about is weather and the time of year you're going. If you plan on going during the summer time, afternoon thunderstorms are pretty common and could really put a damper on an outdoor dinner (even if it is covered).

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
The other thing to think about is weather and the time of year you're going. If you plan on going during the summer time, afternoon thunderstorms are pretty common and could really put a damper on an outdoor dinner (even if it is covered).
We are all booked to go in May10-20 staying C.Springs. We went in May last time and weather was pretty good had 1 bad storm in the evening and a big rain storm next day but was all good other than that! What happens at BBq if there is a huge storm?

Upvote 0

TDGMedley

I was told they would try to reschedule you if the BBQ had to be canceled for weather. We went to back year BBQ and my son loved it. we are going back this year.

Upvote 0

Old Perfessor

so planning for next trip in 2017, and looking at character meals debating between Mickey backyard bbq or chef mickey said??? Any thoughts????

And do you stil get the photos when you arrive? When we went in 2013 we at Cinderella Royal Table we got a 5x7 and some 6x4 photos?

We love "Chef Mickey's". We haven't been to the Cinderella Table or Mickey's BBQ, as of yet. So, I must go with what I know and enjoy!

Old Perfessor

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom