Character meal

marynorth

I almost to 90 days out and ready to schedule character meals!! Yea! Other than breakfast with Cindy and the other princesses, are there any favorites I should consider? We've done Chef Mickey's and we did a Pooh character b'fast at Tony's (? on Main Street - Crystal Palace was having a rehab). Isn't there a villains meal somewhere - and I was thinking about the meal at the Poly, I want to stay there next time and thought that would be a good time to check out the resort.

nicholas

I have an add-on question to this. If I want to do Cindy's this year, is the 90 days in advance an actual 90 days, or three months prior? For example, not every month has 30 days, so would I need to count exactly 90 days, or can I just do it on the same date, but three months earlier? Did that make ANY sense?! :confused: :confused:

Upvote 0

Disneygrl36

To answer your question Nicholas....it's actually 90 days exactly & from what I understand you need to start calling at like 6:55am to be able to get that reservation for Cindy's breakfast. I went years ago & don't remember it being so hard to get but now they say it's very hard to get. So figure up exactly 90 days & call that day earlyyyyyyyyyy.

To the other question....
I have enjoyed the character dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern....nice food & cute colonial costumes on the characters.
1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian also has a wonderful dinner character buffet which is now Cinderella character. Great food & a nice atmosphere. When we were there last, Piglet was sitting down coloring with the kids that were waiting. Cute huh?

Upvote 0

wolf29

We did Donald's Breakfastasaurus in AK and thought it was great. Good food & good interaction with the characters. The site pscalculator.net will tell you on exactly what date you need to make your PS for each venue. The villians meal is gone. Ohana @ the Polynesian is supposed to be great.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

If you want to make sure that you call on the correct day, I would call disney reservations and ask them when you can make your PS's for the dates you want them. This way there is no confusion. Then also syncronize time with them a day in advance. Here are a coulpe of site to help you plan.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/reserv.htm

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

My recommendation for a Character breakfast that you can easily get a PS for is Donald's Breakfastasaurus @ AK. Great food and great atmosphere.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Oops, I thought Cirque was 120 days out, not 180. According to the site, I could make reservations back on 5/27/04 for a November 23rd date. Anyone think getting tics will be a problem at this time?

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

My family and I did the 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian 3 times for the breakfast. The first time, we could hardly eat our food because the characters were always there interacting with EVERYBODY. The second time I went there, with different family memebers, I was not impressed. We had been there for 45 minutes and no characters came to our table. We finally asked to speak to the manager and he had to literally drag the characters over to the table and the others around ours that the characters didn't visit. The third time I did that breakfast, I went with the same family members that were with me the first time we did the breakfast. The characters didn't come to the table then. They stayed in the back the whole time, never coming to the middle or the sides. We contacted the manager and he grabbed pooh and the rest of the characters one by one and brought them to the center and middle of the room so the other little ones could visit with them. Pooh came over to the table, posed for a picture with my 9 year old cousin, then went to the other table across from us, patted the 2 year old boy on the head, ignored his 6 year old brother and left to go back to the back of the room. The boys started bawling and screaming at the top of their lungs that pooh hated them. My 9 year old cousin looked at me and said that wasn't right and when we called the manager over again, SHE explained to him what had happened. The manager grabbed all of the characters and took them to the back for almost 20 minutes. When they emerged, they had either changed people or they must have really given them a talking too because the whole "character" of the characters had changed. The little boys finally got to meet with pooh and the rest of the gang after being there for almost an hour and a half. needless to say, DON'T GO TO 1900 PARK FARE unless you only want to meet Mary Poppins who greets you at the door. This year, my family and I are going back to Chef Mickey's, the only character breakfast we found that was worth the money.

sorry that this was so long but I want to let others know my experience before they decide to spend their money on a disappointing character meal that just doesn't meet Disney standards.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
1900 Park fare now has Cinderella and friends. I can understand your distress over this restaurant. Have you thought about doing the ice cream social at the Garden grille?

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom