Character Meal Unavailable

DVCPluto

@Hugo , Tusker House is one of our favorites! You'll meet Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy in their safari gear. And I think that Animal Kingdom is a great choice for a 2YO since you can stroll along the animal trails, take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, and watch a few very vibrant shows. Great option!!

Garden grill would be my vote. Chip, dale, Mickey and someone else (goofy maybe) last time we went maybe 4 years ago. Also a fun setting and some of the best food for character dining. Actually taking out 11 and 9 yo kids back as it was so much fun.

PLUTO!! How could you forget Pluto?! :p

BrianV

[QUOTE="DVCPluto, post: 6375798, member: 98031"

PLUTO!! How could you forget Pluto?! :p[/QUOTE]

Of course! I can't believe I forgot.

I love tusker house great choice but if you have your heart set on chef Mickey we stayed at bay lake tower one year And could Not get into chef Mickey before we left so everyday we walked up and they accommodated us. So you could always try walking up expecially since their is only 3 of you we were a party of 7 No matter what it will turn out awesome happy birthday to your son

Hugo

Original Poster
We are taking my 20 month old granddaughter to Disney next month and I tried to get Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Castle for breakfast and they were totally booked. I tried every day....whenever I sat, I logged on to MDE. I am still trying for Chef Mickey, but I managed to get 1900 Park Fare and The Crystal Palace for a early lunch....11:30 for both. Keep trying....persistence just may pay off! Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

It seems we are both on the same track. I hope I can get Chef Mickeys for breakfast or Lunch on November 10th

Keep going. The same for you. Have a magical trip

Merida'sMommy

We are official character meal addicts- it is THE BEST way to introduce a young or shy kid to the characters. It's amazing how much safety can be gleaned from that table between them and the character :) So, having taken my daughter to just about every one since she was 2 herself- allow me to share our favorites. By far- number one- hands down for us is Tusker House (even better than Cind.Castle- which is saying something for a little girl). You get most of the 'fab five' in adorable safari outfits (and a picture with Donald before your go in). Goofy kissed my daughter on the head- and she still talks about it years later. And AK is an amazing park for little ones- there is so much for them to enjoy with the Safari and all the animal trails. There is even Triceratop Spin for the Dumbo ride experience. If you have your heart set on MK- there is no Mickey dining in park(although we enjoy Crystal Palace- Pooh & friends don't fulfill the need for the big Mouse). But for the nearby resorts: in addition to Chef Mickeys, there is also the Ohana breakfast at the Poly. It has Lilo and Stitch as well as Mickey and Pluto, who is a LOT of fun for toddlers. Plus- you can either hop a boat or the monorail to get back to MK, either of which will be big fun for a 2yo. Garden Grill at Epcot is really fun too- you can't miss with Chip & Dale and a restaurant that rotates, plus MrM and Pluto. Then you can ride Nemo and explore- but the downside is not many rides for the shorter set. We did Chef Mickey's for dinner, but were underwhelmed- the food was just boring compared to others (they all have mickey waffles- so it is only the adults who probably care about the food though)
I think those are the only four places where you will get Mickey himself, the other dining experiences are more 'girly' with princesses etc. I have always had good luck getting ADRs at 'non-traditional' times like around 2pm or 4pm for late lunch/early dinner. Of course- with a 2yo, your primary concern should be nap time. Wherever you end up eating, a well rested kid will enjoy it much better. I had mine fall asleep during a character meal once- and miss all the characters (although they did come back later to give her another chance)
And if worse comes to worse- I PROMISE you that at 2, the entire experience of Disney is going to be so amazing that you could give him carrot sticks in the stroller and it will be the best meal of his life ;)

Hugo

Original Poster
We are official character meal addicts- it is THE BEST way to introduce a young or shy kid to the characters. It's amazing how much safety can be gleaned from that table between them and the character :) So, having taken my daughter to just about every one since she was 2 herself- allow me to share our favorites. By far- number one- hands down for us is Tusker House (even better than Cind.Castle- which is saying something for a little girl). You get most of the 'fab five' in adorable safari outfits (and a picture with Donald before your go in). Goofy kissed my daughter on the head- and she still talks about it years later. And AK is an amazing park for little ones- there is so much for them to enjoy with the Safari and all the animal trails. There is even Triceratop Spin for the Dumbo ride experience. If you have your heart set on MK- there is no Mickey dining in park(although we enjoy Crystal Palace- Pooh & friends don't fulfill the need for the big Mouse). But for the nearby resorts: in addition to Chef Mickeys, there is also the Ohana breakfast at the Poly. It has Lilo and Stitch as well as Mickey and Pluto, who is a LOT of fun for toddlers. Plus- you can either hop a boat or the monorail to get back to MK, either of which will be big fun for a 2yo. Garden Grill at Epcot is really fun too- you can't miss with Chip & Dale and a restaurant that rotates, plus MrM and Pluto. Then you can ride Nemo and explore- but the downside is not many rides for the shorter set. We did Chef Mickey's for dinner, but were underwhelmed- the food was just boring compared to others (they all have mickey waffles- so it is only the adults who probably care about the food though)
I think those are the only four places where you will get Mickey himself, the other dining experiences are more 'girly' with princesses etc. I have always had good luck getting ADRs at 'non-traditional' times like around 2pm or 4pm for late lunch/early dinner. Of course- with a 2yo, your primary concern should be nap time. Wherever you end up eating, a well rested kid will enjoy it much better. I had mine fall asleep during a character meal once- and miss all the characters (although they did come back later to give her another chance)
And if worse comes to worse- I PROMISE you that at 2, the entire experience of Disney is going to be so amazing that you could give him carrot sticks in the stroller and it will be the best meal of his life ;)

Thank you so much for your comments. I totally agree with you and having Tusker House already reserved for his birthday at 1:30 pm I think it will work great. I was always with the idea of bringing him to MK on his birthday since I think it is the park that goes perfect for this type of event. I even were watching last nigh photos of my last trip to Disney (like 6 years ago) with my girlfriend by that time, today my wife and mom of my kid and still was to see and remember MK and AK (We went to both on that trip) and although my heart still goes with MK because all the landscapes (Castle, etc etc) perfectly there for birthday pictures why not give AK the chance?

I will try for a couple of extra days having the Chef Mickeys or Ohana+MK park combination but with all your above comments I know I can give AK good choice.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with me..... and YES agree... carrot sticks in the stroller could be the best part of his trip to Disney too :)

Hugo

Original Poster

Just found Ohana for breakfast :) Isn't it great? Just wanted to share this big news.

tdpolo26

really just keep trying especially the week before till the day before... things change so quick with the disny reservation system

Things change a LOT the week leading up to your trip. People are finalizing their plans and tend to drop/swap a lot. There was a CRT 8am reservation up for over an hour yesterday. I almost snagged it, except I have the dinner already paid for the next day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom