Character flash mob happened at DHS today

Eetx

Original Poster
We walked out of Muppets 3D and saw a crazy sight on the streets of America area. There were 17 characters lined up, spread out with impromptu short lines for meet & greet. Not every character had a handler. They stayed about 30 minutes & then disappeared into a backstage area.

The characters were 2 Penguins, 2 army men, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Mary Poppins, The Evil Queen (Snow White), Captain Hook, Smee, Pocahontas, Meeko, Max, Mulan, Queen of Hearts, Tigger, and Stitch.

I wonder if this might have been some sort of rehearsal for the villains party. I have pictures but I'm posting from dinner in the park :)

The Magical Genie 123

Yep, this is Character Palooza. It is an unpublished meet n greet on the Streets of America and you never know which characters might show up! This happens daily except in the winter months. If you ask cast members, they'll act like they have no idea what you're talking about. As @RandomPrincess said above, go check out Kenny the Pirate's site. He's an expert on Palooza!;)

mm52200

The sets only happen because it's to extend the shifts of the CM's scheduled to do F! that night. So it varies on the CMs, scheduling, and availability. Since it's not published they can do whatever they want with it.

asianway

The sets only happen because it's to extend the shifts of the CM's scheduled to do F! that night. So it varies on the CMs, scheduling, and availability. Since it's not published they can do whatever they want with it.
I'm still disappointed that mgmt hasn't found a way to eliminate this now that parade is gone.

mm52200

Not necessarily- I saw it a few times during the week of Halloween.
Exactly. People are saying it doesn't happen in the winter/fall months because it didn't used to. It used to serve as a way to bridge the shift for those CMs who did the 3pm parade and Fantasmic. If Fantasmic was starting as early as 6:30 which it does when it gets dark so early there was no need/not enough time for the Palooza. However with there no longer being any parade the Palooza pretty much happens almost everyday as a way to make the Fantasmic shift longer.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Exactly. People are saying it doesn't happen in the winter/fall months because it didn't used to. It used to serve as a way to bridge the shift for those CMs who did the 3pm parade and Fantasmic. If Fantasmic was starting as early as 6:30 which it does when it gets dark so early there was no need/not enough time for the Palooza. However with there no longer being any parade the Palooza pretty much happens almost everyday as a way to make the Fantasmic shift longer.
That's nice to know. I've never seen it as we only go during the fall/winter. Hopefully next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom