Character employment - peace of mind

Always the Villain

Original Poster
Hey guys, I just had a question and really needed some piece of mind. I auditioned for a character role in Orlando almost 3 weeks ago. It went really well and when it all came down to it, there were only a couple of us left, we filled out some availability/employment forms, they took our picture, and then they let us go, just like that.

It's been almost 3 weeks and I just wanted to know. Is this normal? Is this weird? But most importantly, will I hear back eventually? If someone could provide some insight, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
In my case, I auditioned, made it to the second portion, and didn't hear back...

...for about six weeks.

But this was also about 16 years ago, so my story might lack relevance. Who knows though, Disney's ridiculously outdated in many things.

berlioz70

You were likely placed into the Character Pool, meaning you passed the audition but there are no openings at this time for your height/talent. You can sit in the pool for 6 months, after that you'll need to audition again. A lot of people sit in the pool and are never called, others get called within a week or two. It's a type out process, largely based on your height.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
You were likely placed into the Character Pool, meaning you passed the audition but there are no openings at this time for your height/talent. You can sit in the pool for 6 months, after that you'll need to audition again. A lot of people sit in the pool and are never called, others get called within a week or two. It's a type out process, largely based on your height.
Exactly. I was in the pool for six months and had to reaudition to get the job. Granted, when I reauditioned it was as part of the CP. They RARELY hire from outside the CP...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom