Character Dinner: 1900 Park Fare vs Tusker House

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
We are using the Disney Dining Plan and I need to make a choice between these two with our last table service dining credit. We have reservations for both right now, so that isn't a big deal--although the Tusker House reservation is at 4:15, so earlier than I would prefer to eat.

1900 Park Fare would be dinner the day we are in the Magic Kingdom. We will be eating at Be Our Guest for Lunch. We are doing Akershus later in the week at Epcot, so my princess loving daughter will get her fix at some point. If we choose to cancel this reservation, we would be doing counter service somewhere in the park.

Or we could do Tusker House for dinner the next day at the Animal Kingdom--this would also give us preferred viewing tickets for Rivers of Light. Our kids are 5, 3, and 1, so this might be the only way we can easily see this show.

What would you do?

dmatt87

Tusker House is the best choice. You will already see princesses and getting preferred seating for Rivers of Light is a good thing!

Plus it's always fun to meet Donald and the gang :)

thomas998

I might consider seeing if I could swap 1900 for the Akershus as far as which has the better food and still gives you a princess.

Though be warned Be Our Guest is not very good when it comes to food it is cool for atmosphere but very poor food... also note you only get the meet and greet with Beast at dinner not lunch if that was why you mentioned it in a post about Character Dinning.

ninjaprincesst

I would be wary of Tusker house with small children for any meal other than breakfast, unless you have a very adventuresome eater they will not like it. 1900 Park Fare has the best character interaction out of any meal. The food is not bad but the characters are my favorite, and you honestly don't need Cinderella , the step mother and step sisters are what make it great.

MagicalMommy

Tusker House is a favorite for our whole family (two small children included) but we prefer breakfast. We also love Park Fare dinner. I really do not think you could go wrong with either based on your plans, but since you're already doing princesses later in the week I would lean toward Tusker House with the Rivers of Light package (and try to make it a breakfast).

MRGEFF

We've done both but only for breakfast and we think you can't go wrong with either. TH had Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy (Minnie was on KP duty). 1900 had Mary , Pooh , Piglet, Mad Hatter and Alice. A good time was had by both children and adults.

MegRuss626

I agree with the person who said switch Akershus to 1900 Park Fare....it's really a great dinner. Breakfast at Tusker House is also part of the ROL packages I read somewhere and it's a wonderful breakfast. Characters for the kids and foods for both the adventurous and picky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom