Character Dining

Family5

Original Poster
We are planning our very first trip to WDW

We have reservations at Cinderellas Table for Dinner
Chef Mickeys, Donalds Safari Breakfast and Ohana Breakfast

I would love to hear what you think of these places....

We are celebrating birthdays here

armyfamilyof5

Our family has dined at all these places, we all loved CRT and have done dinner there 3 times, the food is good but it is expensive. Chef Mickey's was just okay, to be quite frank we thought the food was like a Shoney's or Denny's, we did breakfast there and was not impressed, have never gone back. Tusker House for the breakfast buffet was much better quality and a great selection. Ohana is a favorite and a must do eat time we go to Disney, our trip wouldn't be complete without it!

mouselvrmom

We have eaten at all of those restaurants and have had good experiences at each!

We always do CRT each trip. We love eating in the castle. We usually do this for breakfast so that we can get into the park before it opens and take some castle pics with just our family in them.

I liked Chef Mickey's a lot. My hubby thought it was just eh. It was pretty crowded and crazy. He prefers Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern before they took characters away, or Cape May Cafe.

We also love Donald's Safari Breakfast. It has a lot of good breakfast fare, the potatoes are different and they have cereal and donuts for my daughter that doesn't like eggs etc. The juice is delicious here too.

We tried Ohana's once and liked the characters and food there. We visited on a busy day so we ended up waiting for Mickey for quite awhile after we were done eating, but I guess it happens. I like how this meal is served family style so that you don't have to get up and risk missing characters. And you get to see Stitch and Lilo so it's something different.

Have fun at all your character dining! I think you made some nice choices! :wave:

disneygirl1

Hey Family of 5 congrats on your first trip to Disney! I am sure you are all going to have a blast and be the start of many trips to come!!!

I too have eaten at the the places that you have booked and I will tell you the you will not be disappointed in your choices. Cindy's Table and 'Ohana are two of my absolute favorites, followed by Donald's Safari breakfast and Chef Mickey's.

Enjoy!

Disneykidder

:wave:NEVER been to Disney without eating at Chef Mickey's...love it!!! Delicious, fun and love the characters.

O'Hana...love it. The juice is amazing and so is the bread...omg!! It is also loads of fun and I love when characters dress in other clothes.

Have fun!!

GoofyRacer11

I have done every one of them, and I got to say that all were fantastic. The service, food, and atmosphere of these places are phenomenal!

erstwo

Hey - Just want to make sure you know that the Princesses are NOT at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. Only breakfast & lunch. At dinner, you only get the Fairy Godmother I believe. (Could be wrong....but that was the status last time I checked.)

Love Ohana Breakfast and CRT lunch!

drew81

Great choices! I think you will have a nice time at those, being it's your first trip. I'm pretty sure Suzy and Perla Mouse appear at CRT but it's a very quick appearance.

stlbobby

Donald's Safari Breakfast is great. The staff and characters are extremely playful and they have some very interesting choices on the buffet in addition to the regular fare.

'Ohana is a great breakfast. Lilo and Stitch are a fun change and the food is good. There aren't characters, but this also an awesome dinner.

I prefer Chef Mickey's for lunch and dinner due to the dessert bar. For breakfast the Crystal Palace in MK is a better buffet, and has the Pooh characters.

I haven't dined with Cindy since it first opened and I was unimpressed, but I have heard so many good things I think they must have made it better. It is on my list to do. I have had the Princess Breakfast at EPCOT several times and enjoyed it immensely.

ThinkTink721

CRT for Dinner - Have only done the b'fast here, but it was great; hear the dinner is great too

Chef Mickeys - Great choice; would be ideal for a b-day celebration; you get to meet all of the main Disney characters & the buffet has alot to choose from

Donalds Safari Breakfast - Great food; lots of fun

Ohana Breakfast - Awesome character experience & great food; you will love this one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom