Character Dining in my Disney resort (long-delayed revision!)

KentB3

Original Poster
Been quite a while since I last posted here! Shortly after I joined WDWMagic in 2003, I created a Disney theme park resort on the Imagineer forum, with many revisions over the years. If and when I get the time, I will post more revisions to the park I would like to make since I last posted. Since my last revision, MAJOR additions and revisions have been made to WDW, especially the additions to Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom!

As for now, I do have a list of character meal revisions I have come up with. Unless otherwise indicated, all characters appear in the restaurants dining hall, stopping by the guests tables. In case it seems that I have too many characters doing the rounds in the dining hall, keep in mind that Disneyland's character meals have 7-8 characters, on an average doing rounds in the dining halls of the restaurants, as opposed to 4-5 at WDW's character meals.

Here is the list of character meals in my Disney theme park resort:

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Cinderella's Inn:
This restaurant is very similar to Be Our Guest, but with a Cinderella theme, with the dining hall themed to the ballroom from the movie. Breakfast is an all-you-can eat character buffet, with somewhat fancier foods than the other character meal buffets. Lunch has guests ordering from a computer kiosk, and guests will get a glass slipper (much like the rose used at Be Our Guest) to take to their table, indicating their food orders, which is brought to the table. Dinner has menu ordering.

Characters at Breakfast include Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine (Stepmother), Drizella, Anastasia, The King, and the Grand Duke.

Crystal Palace: Similar to its Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland counterparts, The Crystal Palace is a buffet restaurant located on Main Street, USA at the corner of Main Street and the central hub that offers character meals at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; featuring characters from Winnie the Pooh, along with special guests for each meal!

Breakfast & Lunch: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, Pinocchio, Gepetto, and Jiminy Cricket

Dinner: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, and the Three Little Pigs; Fifer Pig, Fiddler Pig, and Practical Pig

Liberty Tree Tavern: Similar to its WDW counterpart, Liberty Tree Tavern is located on Liberty Street (part of Main Street, USA), and offers character dining at BOTH Lunch and Dinner. Lunch will have table service with computer kiosk ordering similar to Be Our Guest, and Dinner will be all-you-can-eat served family style

Guests are joined by Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Meeko, Chip and Dale.

Lumière's: Located on the second floor of Beauty and the Beast Castle, Lumière's hosts a character breakfast similar to the one held at Cinderella's Royal Table in WDW's Magic Kingdom.

Belle (in her yellow ballroom gown) appears in the restaurant's lobby downstairs. Inside the dining hall upstairs, characters include Snow White, Dopey, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Prince Phillip (Aurora's Prince), Aladdin, Jasmine, Ariel (in her blue-green dress), and Mulan.

Cinderella does not appear, since she appears at breakfast in her own restautant.

DISNEYLAND HOTEL

Jolly Holiday Cafe:
Originally I planned to have another version of 1900 Park Faire in this hotel, but as time went on, I realized that it made the hotel's character dining restaurant too similar to Grand Floridian's. Jolly Holiday Cafe is themed to Mary Poppins, similar to Jolly Holiday Bakery at Disneyland, but is a full service buffet restaurant instead of just a bakery, with the addition of carousel animals (as far as I know, THE ONLY similarity to 1900 Park Fare, but fits since carousel animals were ridden in the movie!)
The food on the buffet is perhaps comparable to that of 1900 Park Faire, a little fancier than that of other character buffets such as Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace (in WDW), but a little less so than Cinderella's Inn (in my park) In addition to characters from Mary Poppins, Breakfast has characters from Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan, and Dinner has characters from Frozen.

Breakfast: Mary Poppins, Bert Mr. Penguin, Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Peter Pan and Wendy

Dinner: Mary Poppins, Bert, Mr. Penguin, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Hans, and Olaf

I had planned to have the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at 1900 Park Faire at lunchtime, but this may take place in another restaurant in the hotel, since I'm not sure if a Mary Poppins-themed restaurant would fit!

DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY HOTEL (This may not be the actual name of the hotel, since I am trying make everything less similar to WDW, but the main similarity will be the monorail running through the building)

Roger's Buffeteria: Similar to Chef Mickey's, this character buffet is themed to the 1988 movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Roger's Buffeteria features character dining at Breakfast and Dinner, where Roger is joined by a wide variety of his Disney friends!

Breakfast: Roger, Eddie Valiant, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto (in the dining hall); along with Jessicia Rabbit, who greet guests in the lobby. (Eddie and Jessicia appear in a show at the Studios in Disneyland Paris)

Dinner: Roger, Eddie Valiant, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Peter Pan (in the dining hall); along with Jessicia Rabbit, who greet guests in the lobby.

I have put my second park (Disney Studios) and it's accompanying hotel (Hollywood Hotel, similar to the hotel in Hong Kong) on hold, due to overbuild for opening day. If the Magic Kingdom park and whole resort are profitable, groundbreaking for these will begin ASAP, hopefully as soon as one year after the Grand Opening!

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom