Character changes at WDW

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
If we ever have any changes in the character roster here at WDW, here is a place where we can post them. I'll begin with some of the most recent changes...

• At the Magic Kingdom, the White Rabbit has recently headed back down the rabbit hole, and his spot has been filled in by the Mad Hatter. (I seriously hope WDW allows he and Alice to roam around Fantasyland causing shenanigans, like they do at Disneyland (see the YouTube channel "briberry" for examples of such shenanigans.)
  • Also at the Magic Kingdom, Stitch has left Tomorrowland for good, and is not currently scheduled to return any time soon. Some speculate that the title character from Disney Junior's "Miles from Tomorrowland" will take his place.
  • Rafiki, the wise baboon from The Lion King, will find a second home in WDW. In addition to his home at Rafiki's Planet Watch, he'll be found near the Sunshine Tree Terrace at the Magic Kingdom. Though this character won't be roaming around, guests will be able to form a small line to meet Rafiki in this new space.

Interestingly, even though the Magic Kingdom has hosted a lot of temporary meet and greets in recent weeks (including roaming Flynn Rider, Snow White and Peter Pan characters), the new Rafiki meet and greet in Adventureland is actually expected to stick around as a permanent addition to the park.
  • At Epcot, Daisy has replaced Duffy the Disney Bear at Showcase Plaza.
  • At Disney's Hollywood Studios, Minnie will be meeting nearby the Disney Junior show at Animation Courtyard. However, when guests see Minnie Mouse in this area, she'll look a little different than they might remember, as she'll be wearing the dress featured in the popular Disney Junior series "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". Minnie Mouse will also have a backdrop featuring a location from the show. This meet and greet is expected to open later this week.
  • Finally, at Disney's Animal Kingdom, an old friend is coming back: namely, Flik, the ant hero from A Bug's Life. He'll be found near the newly-opened Starbucks location. Interestingly, even though Flik has historically met guests with A Bug's Life co-star Atta (and in fact still does at Disney California Adventure), he will be flying solo in this returning meet and greet experience.

Kman101

Looks like someone(s) is trying to switch things up a little bit.

Maybe it's time for Stitch to take a rest. And hasn't that Miles from Tomorrowland rumor been around for a while now? Are they ever going to finally put him out?

Nice to see Flik back and I'm sort of surprised Rafiki is meeting in Adventureland AND Animal Kingdom. You mean ... you DON'T have to switch characters and they can meet in two parks ;) (sarcasm, folks).

And while the White Rabbit is nice, Mad Hatter USED to be with Alice. If I remember correctly. They were usually always meeting daily, but this was several and I mean, several, years ago. Back when Hook and Smee met in Adventureland, Bre'r Bear and Fox met in Adventureland ...

Thumper 32

If we ever have any changes in the character roster here at WDW, here is a place where we can post them. I'll begin with some of the most recent changes...
  • Finally, at Disney's Animal Kingdom, an old friend is coming back: namely, Flik, the ant hero from A Bug's Life. He'll be found near the newly-opened Starbucks location. Interestingly, even though Flik has historically met guests with A Bug's Life co-star Atta (and in fact still does at Disney California Adventure), he will be flying solo in this returning meet and greet experience.

Nice summary. However, for Flik, he wasn't with Atta for much of his time at DAK, including most recently before the last time he left. As well, Atta hasn't been appearing at DCA for a few years either, Flik has been solo there too.

Wish that wasn't the case, but sadly it is.

brb1006

Since Marie is still doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom and sometimes at the France Pavilion but rarely these days. I'm going to bet Toulouse and Berlioz might show up at Epcot or the Magic Kingdom in the future. Especially since The Aristocats takes place in 1910.
XAx2NwB.jpg

Last edited:

blu3

Little upset about Stitch, he was the only character I would drop everything and wait in line for. Just saw Flik this Sunday and was a bit surprised as I haven't seen him in awhile. I really don't think Rafiki needs two spots, he is a cool character and all, but isn't that popular to need two locations.

French Quarter

I am glad to hear that Rafiki is still going to be at Planet Watch. I was a little worried when I heard the news about him arriving at MK that he wouldn't be in AK any more and that didn't make any sense to me as there's a whole area named after him. I love taking the train to see him and the petting zoo at AK.

DABIGCHEEZ

Since Marie is still doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom and sometimes at the France Pavilion but rarely these days. I'm going to bet Toulouse and Berlioz might show up at Epcot or the Magic Kingdom in the future. Especially since The Aristocats takes place in 1910.

Yeah... you go ahead and keep waiting for that one.

brb1006

Ooooh, glad to hear that the Mad Hatter is meeting in MK! Saves me having to go to a character meal. I like the sound of Rafiki and Flik too.

Good to see some rare characters! We chanced upon Tweedle Dum & Dee in March by the Teacups, fantastic interaction.
Does this mean we get to see more fun meet and greet videos of the Hatter at the Magic Kingdom?

halltd

A couple of questions from someone who doesn't normally meet and greet with the characters unless they're "rare" ones since I'm either indifferent to the character or have seen them already (well besides Mickey - I'll see him anytime!).

1. What ever happened to Eugene Fitzherbert (aka Flynn Rider)? Was his test a failure? Is he still around?
2. Have Lewis and Wilbur (Meet the Robinsons) been around lately? Were they ever in Tomorrowland?

These three have been on my list to meet for quite some time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom