Undercover Secruity in Disney Parks?

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
I am asking to get a little bit more information for an article I am writing. I am also curious since we saw so many police dogs in the park a few weeks ago!

Last edited:

Polydweller

Like all security operations Disney's is multilayered. Some you see, some are theatre to let you know it's being done, and some you don't see. They've had undercover people virtually since the start. They're part of the don't see though they are some odd tourists in the parks.

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
Like all security operations Disney's is multilayered. Some you see, some are theatre to let you know it's being done, and some you don't see. They've had undercover people virtually since the start. They're part of the don't see though they are some odd tourists in the parks.

I would assume they have more now after all the tradegy in Paris.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Just like you'll find in major cities, there are visible security efforts such as bag checks and heavily armed police which act as the 'show of force'. Then there is a whole layer of undercover and unseen security measures which are the most effective.

Edit: as a student journalist you shouldn't look for unverifiable information on a blog or forum. The Internet in general is filled with half truths and false information.

Sonconato

We saw a couple standing in right in the open in Epcot with a selfie stick! I have no idea how they got it in.
About 3 weeks ago, my family and I saw a young woman using a selfie stick (about 3 feet long) walking down Main Street and my husband made contact with a CM at the halfway point, where they have the artists, and he pointed it out to her and the CM just shrugged her shoulders. The young woman walked from the Train Station at the entry to MK all the way to the bridge to Adventureland, past dozens of CMs, including Managers and nothing was done. We were dumbfounded.

mouse_luv

Yes they are there. No, you are not going to find out much about them because that is the point of them being undercover.
Kind of defeats the purpose if the general public knew everything like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom