Character autographs at dining to be cut

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
And it's only a few locations (edited from me saying one location being I misspoke) so far and nothing has been said it's going to more locations. This could just be a test to see how well it's received. :)

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Character dining will cut the traditional autographs in favor of pre-signed cards that will easily "slip into your kids autograph books"

Gotta boost throughout at character dining says the cost accountant who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Its a big deal for a kid to have Mickey etc PERSONALLY sign their autograph book.

Just when you think Disney has run out ways to cheapen the WDW experience they come up with stuff like this.

So disgusted at what Disney has become under Iger.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Gotta boost throughout at character dining says the cost accountant who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Its a big deal for a kid to have Mickey etc PERSONALLY sign their autograph book.

Just when you think Disney has run out ways to cheapen the WDW experience they come up with stuff like this.

Your right, not sure how I'll sleep tonight after this news :rolleyes:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Well, they could be emailing the signature to you....

PaulTrems

We had just the one character dining experience when we went a few weeks ago - breakfast buffet at eth Crystal Palace. My DD had forgotten her autograph book so we of course had to buy a new one, especially as her fave character is Eeyore. This turned out to be a waste of time as we were handed out postcards with the "autographs" already on them. Its simply just not the same as getting a character to sign your book for you. I can understand why Disney are doing this, but they have lost sight of the whole magical experience of meeting characters. Or should the autograph books they sell come with a warning?

RogueHabit

So now the characters are basically handing out business cards? I know Walt Disney World has been feeling more and more "corporate" over the years, but man, this I did not expect!
What's next, briefcases and bowler hats!
We had just the one character dining experience when we went a few weeks ago - breakfast buffet at eth Crystal Palace. My DD had forgotten her autograph book so we of course had to buy a new one, especially as her fave character is Eeyore. This turned out to be a waste of time as we were handed out postcards with the "autographs" already on them. Its simply just not the same as getting a character to sign your book for you. I can understand why Disney are doing this, but they have lost sight of the whole magical experience of meeting characters. Or should the autograph books they sell come with a warning?
You just know this will be a cost analysis in the future. Money saved through handing our cards instead of signing vs. lost revenue from overpriced autograph books...

Rachel S1321

Does this go for the Princess dining as well? Not sure if I will book a character dining in the future, I think we would just wait in line for most of them to get actual signatures...or am I misunderstanding and are switching over for all character meet and greets?

DisAl

You might want to use a more informative thread title, as some people may be interested in character autographs being cut, but skip over a generic sounding thread.
AMEN!
I usually don't even bother to open threads that are so generic that you have no idea what is in them. Another thing that I consider useless is "XYZ is happening TODAY!" Well, after "today" that is pretty much useless and at worst, misinformation. Much more informative is something like "XYZ is happening Sept. 4" so you at least know whether it is current information or not.

KrazyKat

Personally, my family and I are more into taking a picture with characters at dining. I totally understand some people want autographs (we've gotten them too) but it does take up a lot of time and there are so many tables. Maybe they could have the handler ready with an ink pad and a stamper for the character to quickly stamp their autograph (plus it would help with having the same look of the signature).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom