Chapel Hats opening at Disney Springs

note2001

For those curios as to what types of hats will be there, see their website at http://www.chapelhats.com/
Prices aren't bad and quality looks good. I can see this being a fun place to shop.

(Anyone else see it as ironic that the "A" in Chapel looks a bit like a sorcerer's hat? One goes "up" while the other comes down.)

71jason

Surprised that Disney seems so reluctant to carry any of their own merch at any of the new places in Disney Springs. You'd think they'd want to do anything they can to take pressure off World of Disney.

These are all third party. Still plenty of outlets for Disney merch there. But they are also trying to create an alternate day to the parks, where you can also buy tons of Mickey and princess items.

WDWtraveler

Inside photos of Chapel Hats store in Disney Springs, photo update as of Saturday, Jan 31. Men's hats are concentrated on the left side of the store, women's hats on the right side. Very nice quality, as well as some humorous hats. The pressed tin ceiling and lighting fixtures give the store an "ole time" feeling. Yes, the clock on the wall works. P.S. All employees wear hats.

IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

SnarkyMonkey

Am I the only one that's uninspired by the actual merchandise being sold at these new locales? Sure everything looks great, but realistically how long are these shops going to last?

These are pretty popular hats and brands. Why wouldn't they sell?

And you said shops. Is there another Chapel Hats in WDW beside at Disney Springs?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Am I the only one that's uninspired by the actual merchandise being sold at these new locales? Sure everything looks great, but realistically how long are these shops going to last?
One of my prized possessions for a long time was a top hat that I purchased from The Magic Kingdom back in 1972. The store from which it was purchased is long gone and I haven't seen any other place that sells them at WDW. This store carries them.

note2001

It may just be me, but a hat store and sun glass store in very sunny Florida seems like it would do pretty well. Especially stores in a very popular shopping destination.

I'm stepping back and pulling the wait & see line on the sunglasses huts in the parks.

Downtown Disney is a different matter entirely though as it functions as a mall to the locals and the only place on property with items not screaming DISNEY all over them making them possibly useful beyond the summer days in the back yard. DTD is also very handy for those guests who are being held captive via Magical Express, and no rental car, can get to without hiking it to the lynx stop (and most are unaware of it) or calling a cab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom