Chanting at WDW Banned?

YodaMan

This isn't particularly new. Cast members are always expected to help discourage guests from being disruptive to other guests. Chanting is usually included in that. It's just a matter of whether or not a cast member is capable of getting an entire tour group to stop chanting (or even wants to bother).

Disneydreamer23

Honestly- I have never seen any chanting except at Fantasmic I think The were chanting Spain? I think it was around the time the Soccer finale was that day or the next.

sheriffwoody

I will never understand why this bothers people so much. Maybe if it's in an indoor area it would be too loud and annoying, but out in the walkways, why let it bother you? They're just having fun! It's nice to see people having fun.

AdventureHasAName

I will never understand why this bothers people so much. Maybe if it's in an indoor area it would be too loud and annoying, but out in the walkways, why let it bother you? They're just having fun! It's nice to see people having fun.

Three years ago, I was stuck in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain in the dead center of a Brazilian Tour Group (25 kids in front of me, 25 kids behind me) for about 45 minutes. If you had been with me for that 45 minutes, you'd understand why it "bothers people so much".

You know how a common joke about people being stuck in miserable circumstances is being on It's a Small World when the ride breaks down? How miserable it is to hear that song over and over and over again? Okay, now picture being in an enclosed area (a claustrophobic hallway) where people are screaming the same chant over and over and over again in a language you don't speak for close to an hour. Sure, it's a product of cultural differences ... but in American culture (where the WDW is), it's considered rude behavior.

mitchk

Hey.., look I'm all for everyone enjoying themselves, but any type of loud chanting is inexcusable. I don't care if your foreign, cheerleaders, or just plain ignorant ... Shut your mouth, it is extremely annoying .. Please show some class, and to those who think is ok to chant, and act like a idiot, stay on a bus with them for a hour. I promise you, you will change or mind, unless your ....... I'm gonna stop. Have a magical day everyone

MonorailLover

When there's a South American tour group of 50+ people screaming as loud as they can countiousuly chanting, even outside, it's annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom