Changing Resort Hotel mid stream

vigliottec

So i have been doing some reading about choosing the right place to stay. Normally i stay at a moderate the whole time. For the most part we will just sleep in the hotel but i would like to see what a Deluxe Resort is like. With all that said if i stay at Art of Animation 5 nights and then stay 3 night at Fort Wilderness the price is very close to staying at a moderate for 8 nights. has anyone done something like this before? is it a pain in the butt to move? does Disney help with moving?

@ladyclegg

So i have been doing some reading about choosing the right place to stay. Normally i stay at a moderate the whole time. For the most part we will just sleep in the hotel but i would like to see what a Deluxe Resort is like. With all that said if i stay at Art of Animation 5 nights and then stay 3 night at Fort Wilderness the price is very close to staying at a moderate for 8 nights. has anyone done something like this before? is it a pain in the butt to move? does Disney help with moving?
We did something similar last month and ended up at two different Disney hotels ( and in BLT 2 different rooms) I was dreading it , but it was fine , we didn't bother unpacking in full , our luggage was stored until the room was ready . We had to check in at out , but declined a new set of Magic Bands . We come over from the UK so like switching . Disney didn't help with the move , but made it really easy

Upvote 0

Paul jr

We will do just that for our next trip in may. They told us that Disney will take care of our luggage but we will have to arrange our self for the transportation between the two resort (sorry for my english here, I hope it was clear)
So we will take a bus to Downtown or a Park and a other bus for the second resort.

Hope this will be find.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Honestly I didn't like the hassle of picking up and moving. I did a stay for like 14 days once. We did a timeshare off property for a week than did GF than POR. Picking up each time was a pain. I'd rather just stay at a resort you can afford the whole time. It makes your trip less stressful and maximizes your time at the parks.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

We just did a split stay between SSR and Kidani AKV. We loved it and it was totally hassle-free! We just had to call bell services the morning we were ready to move and they came and got our luggage and stored it til it was time to be transferred to the 2nd resort where it was held in bell services til we arrived there. We hopped a bus to a theme park once we left our luggage with bell services to be transferred, then when it was "check in time" (we had already done online check in) we boarded the bus for our second resort from the theme park we were leaving. :)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Resort hopping is a pain, but we kind of like changing things up...Never resort hop if staying less than 10 days though...you pretty much need 5 nights at a resort to fully appreciate it's features...

Upvote 0

Rob562

I've only ever resort-hopped out of necessity.

A couple times it was because we were renting DVC points or had an exchange into DVC from RCI and wanted to add on a couple days (AKL moving to SSR, Pop moving to BCV). This coming trip we have a week at SSR via RCI exchange and because of flight prices it was the same price to fly in a day earlier and stay at POR than it was to fly in on the day we check into SSR.

And one time I moved strictly because of budget. I was at POR for 4 nights with a friend, then I was solo for 3 nights so I transferred to All-Star Music.

In all instances, Bell Services was great at helping us with the move.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Rob562

Hold on.. you can trade RCI points for DVC points?

In many instances, yes. This will be the second time we've traded in since DVC switched from Intervals International to RCI (which was in 2008 or 2009, I think).

My parents' timeshare is on the Weeks side, so we are able to set up an Ongoing Search for a week at any of the DVC resorts (though OKW and SSR are the most frequently deposited). I don't know how it works on the Points side of RCI. There's also a restriction against using any Orlando-area timeshare to trade into DVC.

-Rob

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I would never do this again and depend on WDW to transfer the luggage. We did this simply because flights the next day were so much cheaper and the savings more than covered the cost of a Value for the night. What was supposed to be easy turned into a nightmare. We had no change of clothes, the luggage was "lost", and we almost had to go to the airport the next morning in the clothes we wore through the park all day, had to sleep in. At 3AM they found our luggage and brought it to us. That gave us 30 minutes to change before having to get on DME back to the airport.

This would not have been a problem if we did not get back to the resort before the store closed. They would have given us new shirts to wear. But since they could not access the store, we were the ones paying the price.

My recommendation if you do it, is to take a cab with your luggage over. Only one person needs to do this and there is no question where your luggage is.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom