Changing names on reservation at check in

Bluenoser

Original Poster
Hi Everyone. I am new to this board, but have been to WDW several times. My question: my husband and I booked 2 rooms last October for our upcoming trip in September. In the room where I am the lead name I have me, both my kids and my MIL. In the room with my husband as the lead, the reservation also includes hubbie's sister, her husband and son. I want my husband inluded in my room (and on the reservation) and my MIL moved the the room with my SIL. At check-in can we change the names around or will this not be possible because my husband is the lead name on one of the reservations? We are hoping to be able to change the names to keep our dining credits straight and so the correct people can access the room they are staying in with the room keys, but we don't wish to lose our discount (free dining). TIA.

Bluenoser

Original Poster
Have you just called and asked?
Yes, I have asked this over the phone a couple of times, and received different answers. When I booked I was told it wouldn't be an issue. When I called and made a payment I asked if it could be done then and I was told no, you can't change the lead name on the reservation w/o losing the discount. I called again and was told I would have to ask at the resort. As a result, I am looking to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and was able to change the names around.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The rules have recently changed on this matter. As I understand it, you are not going to be able to change the name of the lead guest. The simple solution is to simply have your husband and his mother exchange keys or just leave it as is. The dining credits are linked to every key in the room, so your room key will be able to access all of the dining credits for everyone in your room.

Bluenoser

Original Poster
The rules have recently changed on this matter. As I understand it, you are not going to be able to change the name of the lead guest. The simple solution is to simply have your husband and his mother exchange keys or just leave it as is. The dining credits are linked to every key in the room, so your room key will be able to access all of the dining credits for everyone in your room.
Thanks very much.

tare

Disney is not very accommodating when it comes to this situation. Just exchange room keys amongst yourselves. Problem solved!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom