Changing my entire life/what is a food handler?

Tom

Beta Return
FSFB is Full Service Food & Beverage (i.e. sit-down restaurants).

A Food and Beverage Handler works in the backstage areas, like kitchens and stock rooms. You receive deliveries, verify quantities, and stock coolers and shelves. Rotate stock/inventory, check expiration dates. Also cleaning and organizing. Sometimes running errands for cooking staff, like to get emergency items from the central warehouse.

Since you wouldn't be on stage, in front of guests, they may be a little more flexible with the visible tattoo. If you were to have an on-stage role, like as a waitress or QS employee, you'd have to wear long sleeves for sure to cover it up.

cheesecake

I never worked at Disney, so I really can't help you :( I just wanted to say, hang in there! I know it's hard now, but it will get better!

Domosuke

It seems like you really want this job and I hope you get it, I'm praying for you.

If it's a full backstage role, (behind the scenes at all times, not in front of customers or guests at all) which it sounds like it is, you'll be fine. I worked some shifts behind the stage in kitchens and I saw both men and women with visible tattoos working.

If it's an onstage role or a backstage role in which at some point you do have to migrate on stage due to your position, your tattoo will need to be covered or concealed.

I'm not sure, but I think Downtown Disney does allow the cast members there to have visible tattoos on stage.

Hoping the best for you. :)

Dasnowz

it does. my daughter works at the airport. this is as backstage as you can get. its 25 min from wdw in a warehouse and they have costumes and no visible tattoo rules. She was originally merchandise and worked over night stocker when park was closed. no visible tattoos. it does matter .

steviej

I worked with someone who had a tattoo on her wrist and she just put make up on it before her shift started. IDK if managers knew or not though, but you never noticed it

Dasnowz

you cannot use makeup to cover a tattoo in food service. you are washing your hands constantly, if working in a walk in the wearing a jacket off and on.also there is a possibility that it could flake off into food. this is a big no-no in food service. you cannot even wear a watch or fit band of any type or a wedding ring with stones in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom