Changing a Cabin Air Filter DIY(2016 H-Accord)

Lilofan

Skip the first 25 seconds.
Start the viewing at 26 seconds.
Be careful on the clips. Break those and part has to be ordered and at a cost but its easy peasy, takes seconds to complete , and you save on about $70 labor charge that Honda charges. Filter at $30 .

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Be careful on the clips. Break those and part has to be ordered and at a cost but its easy peasy, takes seconds to complete , and you save on about $70 labor charge that Honda charges. Filter at $30 .
Be careful with this?
20220916_210328.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
So I emptied out my glovebox and there was nothing visible like the image I shared earlier in the thread.
I went to the auto parts store because if you buy from them they will sometimes install things for free.
Yet for the Cabin Air Filter they said they WON'T do it.
I am at the dealership. I'm told IF I need the Cabin Air Filter it would be $25.99 for the filter and then labor brings the total charge to $59.
I'll do that if needed. I'm told they will show me the Cabin Filter before I decide.

Clamman73

I have a Ridgeline and it’s basically the same except no dampener to take off. It’s a minute of labor and I usually gets filters from amazon that are like 10-15 bucks. I change it once a year after the pollen is done dropping.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I have a Ridgeline and it’s basically the same except no dampener to take off. It’s a minute of labor and I usually gets filters from amazon that are like 10-15 bucks. I change it once a year after the pollen is done dropping.
Kindly take a look at my new thread. I ask about topping brake fluid when getting new rear brake pads.
Thanks!

Lilofan

So I emptied out my glovebox and there was nothing visible like the image I shared earlier in the thread.
I went to the auto parts store because if you buy from them they will sometimes install things for free.
Yet for the Cabin Air Filter they said they WON'T do it.
I am at the dealership. I'm told IF I need the Cabin Air Filter it would be $25.99 for the filter and then labor brings the total charge to $59.
I'll do that if needed. I'm told they will show me the Cabin Filter before I decide.
That’s a good price. I think the auto parts store is hesitant if they break the clips that would not be good. It’s less than a minute job to replace the cabin air filter.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
That’s a good price. I think the auto parts store is hesitant if they break the clips that would not be good. It’s less than a minute job to replace the cabin air filter.
I did need it. I did authorize them to take care of it.
So the end result is acceptable
Full Synthetic Oil Change $60
Wear on the tires indicated Alignment was needed....so Alignment and Rotation Combo Price: $139
Cabin Air Filter...Total Price for Part and installation $59
I have a coupon specific to this dealership that allows $30 off when the quote is between $201-$300
So my total cost WITH TAX....Out the Door will be $235

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom