Changes to the Superstar Parade

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
So apparently the Hop unit is out, my guess is when Macy's starts, if not sooner.

The vehicle itself will be MIA for awhile, as it gets repurposed, which leaves the state of the full parade in an awkward position. I would anticipate extra street shows from the remaining three units to help bridge the gap, at least a little.

When the vehicle returns it will be repurposed to an unknown IP (I'm hoping the only thing they keep of the vehicle are the absolute essentials, so it doesn't look like they reskinned a giant egg).
My guess is Secret Life of Pets, as that would maintain the 2 Nickelodeon, 2 Illumination system they started with. Naturally, this creates a whole new batch of questions, as I don't think anything exists in terms of SLoP Meet-and-Greet characters.

Take all of this with how ever many grains of salt you deem necessary.

Sketch105

I'm surprised/not surprised at the response to this, especially considering a lot of forum members have ragged on HOP since parade still opened. I'll be sad to see it go...it might not have been the most well known, but people loved the characters and shows from what I saw.

champdisney

They're probably going to revamp it with the Sing characters and all it's musical numbers. I'm happy for HOP's exit. Next up, the elimination of Dora. And if we're lucky, Spongebob too.

squidward

Never understood what Hop was doing there to begin with. Universal has so many great characters to have in the parade. Obviously, Spongebob and Despicable Me are great fits. But they could use the Seuss characters, Scooby-Doo and the gang, Simpsons, Shrek, Curious George.

I would love to see Universal partner with Cartoon Network. So many great characters to work with.

UniversalLover

I heard they will have an interactive TSLOP float, and I heard it probably will have high energy performers dressed as ordinary pet owners doing gymnastics and dancing to the classic "Bust a Move". I also heard for the first time ever, some of the characters will talk with guests. Might be. I'll have to check it out next time I go and find out.. :/

Magic Feather

I heard they will have an interactive TSLOP float, and I heard it probably will have high energy performers dressed as ordinary pet owners doing gymnastics and dancing to the classic "Bust a Move". I also heard for the first time ever, some of the characters will talk with guests. Might be. I'll have to check it out next time I go and find out.. :/
That is very accurate.

TubaGeek

Original Poster
I thought it was already announced that this is a thing. Thought I saw on twitter some pics of the float.
I'm not talking about the fact that SLOP is replacing Hop, but that they're running while they're down a unit. I figured they'd just have everyone do an extra show/M&G or two.

brb1006

Wait the HOP characters talked? Was it just that brown rabbit and the chicks? (I forgot there names besides The Pink Berets)

TubaGeek

Original Poster
Wait the HOP characters talked? Was it just that brown rabbit and the chicks? (I forgot there names besides The Pink Berets)
Honestly, I think it may have been just EB that had any lines during the parade/shows.

TubaGeek

Original Poster
During daily shows you could hear his dad go "Here and Here!" and the friendly chicken also had a line.
Color me corrected. I feel a little guilty saying this, but I never really paid much attention to the Hop shows. Lots of fun gimmicks and everything, but the IP was just worthless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom