Changes to smoking locations at Epcot

threvester

Good! Fewer areas that I have to hold my breath and speed up while passing by.

Location is perhaps more important than quantity, and I cannot visualize where these are/were located, or specifically, how close they are/were to main areas. Hopefully location is being closely considered when they're making these decisions.

I can't recall any of the smoking sections in Epcot being too bad. However, the one in DHS near Tower of Terror is in a terror-ible location. Can't stand it. Right next to an outdoor quick service and right along the one-way Sunset Boulevard. It is pretty much impossible to avoid. If that gets eliminated or even just moved to a more secluded area, I will certainly be happy.
the location near TOT was moved a few months back._.It is now near the exit of the ride next to the Fantasmic gate

Goofyernmost

Now where is everybody going vape
Wanna bet I can make a very close guess. And guess what, Disney will not do anything about it all. Those disgusting people paid to get in and they will be catered to just like the line cutters, stroller slammers, FP fakers, flash photography in a dark ride people and everyone else that doesn't follow WDW's detailed instructions.

wdwfan22

Wanna bet I can make a very close guess. And guess what, Disney will not do anything about it all. Those disgusting people paid to get in and they will be catered to just like the line cutters, stroller slammers, FP fakers, flash photography in a dark ride people and everyone else that doesn't follow WDW's detailed instructions.

I don't smoke, but calling smokers disgusting people is a little over the top. If Disney continues to eliminate the smoking areas, more and more people will just smoke in the non smoking areas. It's already happening big time at Magic Kingdom because of the elimination of them. I've never been a fan of smoking but Disney can't expect smokers to pay to get in and be told they can't smoke or have to walk 10 miles to do so.

hpyhnt 1000

That'll probably be their next up-charge event

"World Showcase Smoke 'n Sail!" - Rekindle your passion for tobacco as you and fellow guests sail around World Showcase Lagoon® aboard your very own Friendship boat while enjoying a carefully tailored array of tobacco products.* This boat is literally on fire!
20 minute cruises. Separate theme park admission required. Adults $49.99, children $29.99 (oh wait a second...)

Array of tobacco products subject to change based on which cigarettes guests bring on board.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Two college kids on "smoke free" campus's.....so far reports of one girl complaining that someone stopped her but she asked to finish her cig and they said "oh I understand go ahead"....so if you are busted but otherwise....my best thought is at least when I drop one off at dorm they do not have to enter through a cloud of smoke from people hanging outside the entrance doors....:bored:. I personally would love a smoke free from WDW everything......:angelic:.

I was happy when resorts went smoke free and restaurants. So if the parks must have spots designated it is nice to know where they are to avoid if you wish, the spot that used to bug me the most was the path by the castle towards the wishing well....used to hold my breath and sprint through, but its been a few years and I don't see that as a designated smoking stop so I am happy. Sure I wish no one smoked, but reality is they do and while it would be nice if they only suffered the consequences, that is not a reality either. My Mom suffered from lung illness from second hand smoke at work.....it is hard to watch someone go through something that could have been prevented.....and mostly when I think on that subject I am especially wishing Walt Disney had not picked up that habit as a boy, I have often wondered what else he would have done had he lived longer....:(.....but ever so thankful for having him in our world while we did....:happy:.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I don't smoke, but calling smokers disgusting people is a little over the top. If Disney continues to eliminate the smoking areas, more and more people will just smoke in the non smoking areas. It's already happening big time at Magic Kingdom because of the elimination of them. I've never been a fan of smoking but Disney can't expect smokers to pay to get in and be told they can't smoke or have to walk 10 miles to do so.
I can't really tell if you think that I think they are disgusting or not. But, if you do, that was sarcasm. I smoked for 45 years, I was one of the herd relegated to the smoking corrals by the group that thinks the looking at a cigarette will cause them to "catch" cancer. That think that the smell of cigarette smoke is worse then their own B.O. and that love to make a drama out of everything. I quit, but I quit for me. I never lost a moment of sleep thinking that I caused anyone even one lone cancer cell, but, it is good for others to have someone to blame and to be able to whine about things that they don't agree with. What they want is the world to quit smoking. That pressure has cut that number down quite a lot here in the states, but, the states, contrary to popular beliefs, is not the world.

It isn't bad enough that they call for people that are not wealthy, are overweight or have some type of physical limitation to not invade their little private utopia, so lets make it so uncomfortable for smokers that they won't bother coming here either or those feeling that rejection might just give everyone the proverbial finger and smoke wherever they feel like doing it. It won't take them long to figure out that no one is going to throw them out or even slightly introduce that idea that they don't want their money. As usual there is the knee jerk reaction of people that live in a pink sky world and that the world revolves around them. I know that now that I do not smoke, this issue shouldn't bother me, but, I know what it felt like to be a smoker, how hard it was to quit and the absurd accusations from the general uneducated public that we always had to endure.

wdwfan22

That is a fallacy. When San Antonio banned smoking in all restaurants and bars in the city, the cry was that they would lose money and go out of business. They are just as crowded as ever with not one single place closing due to not having smoking.

That's completely different. They are still smoking just outside of the restaurants and bars. A theme park has to allow designated places outdoors for smokers to smoke. Otherwise they will just smoke everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom