Changes to Kona breakfast

GeoDonJac34

Original Poster
My apologies if this is posted already, but just saw last night on another sites Youtube channel, that Kona has changed their breakfast menu. they no longer have the Big Kahuna or The Samoan. I am really bummed about The Samoan going away. This was an every trip meal for me.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I understand as I have been unhappy with menu changes before of my faves. They still sell all the items individually that were in those 2 menu items. You essentially could create your own meal. Don't see it as that big of a deal. Yes it may be more expensive that way but oh well if I want it I know I'll pay. Like I always add a side order of scrambled eggs with my Tonga Toast etc and pay extra. Also they may still make as a meal if you ask I have had luck doing that at a few places after something was not on the menu anymore at WDW. Worth as shot asking next time. They may even bring it back at some point.
Still have the 2 faves most people I know like the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut pancakes. As long as Tonga Toast is still there I'm happy! And I like some of the new additions on the menu.;)

Last edited:

threvester

I understand as I have been unhappy with menu changes before of my faves. They still sell all the items individually that were in those 2 menu items. You essentially could create your own meal. Don't see it as that big of a deal. Yes it may be more expensive that way but oh well if I want it I know I'll pay. Like I always add a side order of scrambled eggs with my Tonga Toast etc and pay extra. Also they may still make as a meal if you ask I have had luck doing that at a few places after something was not on the menu anymore at WDW. Worth as shot asking next time. They may even bring it back at some point.
Still have the 2 faves most people I know like the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut pancakes. As long as Tonga Toast is still there I'm happy! And I like some of the new additions on the menu.;)
they still have eggs benedict? (samoan)

threvester

The Samoan is gone. They now have a Kona eggs benedict with Char Siu pork belly. They added a smoked salmon plate and a Polynesian egg platter. Blueberry pancakes are gone as is egg white omelet. pretty sure they could still do on request.
awesome, thanks.._i love me some eggs benedict. I always get the samoan and hadnt heard what the replacement items were. Ill miss all the greens on top but this will have to do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom