Changes coming to Memory Maker?

Jae99

Original Poster
So...... I just finished a very in depth survey from Disney, questioning me about my thoughts on potential changes to Memory Maker.

Essentially it sounds like Memory Maker would be done away with for a more expensive option that would include many features that are not currently available.

I have heard some discussion about some of the features, but not everything that was included in the survey.

Of course, as with everything that seems to be happening at WDW these days. It comes with a fairly steep price increase ($80 to $180 increase from the current prices)

All of the new packages still included the current offerings
ie: ride pictures and videos, photopass photographer pictures, character meet and greet pictures and the ability to add borders and stickers.

Some of the additional offerings that are new:
-private photo session of 5-15 photos prior to park opening
-separate line at character meet and greets for people who have purchased a photopass package
-360 degree video of character meet and greet
-camera stations in areas accessible only to people have purchase photopass
-1 year photo and video storage

There was also a section that inquired about how I liked to share my photos.

And of course whether or not I would purchase some of these new packages at the increased price, or if I would just by individual photos at several different prices ranging from $1.99 to $4.99

I would have taken screen shots, but figured I was late to the party and a thread might have been started. If one has, I apologize for starting a new thread.

I must admit that some of what they are surveying about is quite interesting, but some of the prices are as much as a 7 day ticket for one person.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

So...... I just finished a very in depth survey from Disney, questioning me about my thoughts on potential changes to Memory Maker.

Essentially it sounds like Memory Maker would be done away with for a more expensive option that would include many features that are not currently available.

Huh, that's unfortunate. I was finally coming around and thought I'd try a photopass on my next trip but looks like they just priced me out.

Jae99

Original Poster
Huh, that's unfortunate. I was finally coming around and thought I'd try a photopass on my next trip but looks like they just priced me out.
Me as well!

The prices they were suggesting varied from $249 on the low end to $349 at its most expensive.

It looks like they are looking to continue the trend of more expensive prices for exclusive extras.

I don't think I would buy a package, but would buy a handful of photos if the price was $1.99 per photo.

The_Jobu

I don't think I would buy a package, but would buy a handful of photos if the price was $1.99 per photo.

That would be the only way I'd consider. Maybe buy 10 choice photos at that price. Which is kind of funny as I was really considering spending much more on the package.

Jae99

Original Poster
That would be the only way I'd consider. Maybe buy 10 choice photos at that price. Which is kind of funny as I was really considering spending much more on the package.
I might consider the $249 price point with some of the additions like the private photo session and express line for character meet and greets. But, having been twice in the past couple of years with Memory Maker included I have a lot of photos. I don't really feel the need for another 300 plus photos of us in the same locations.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I might consider the $249 price point with some of the additions like the private photo session and express line for character meet and greets. But, having been twice in the past couple of years with Memory Maker included I have a lot of photos. I don't really feel the need for another 300 plus photos of us in the same locations.

Private photo session depends on how many do that otherwise how private could it be. Sounds like it would just be another line and photo taker

The express line wouldn't be express just like fastpass isn't always express

They can word it however they want and pretend they are offering more but really they wouldn't be...just another way to raise prices and say "but look what more we are giving you now!"

cdeev8690

I was planning on waiting to buy Memory Maker till just before my trip but I guess I should get this going now before this update is made. I definitely can't warrant spending that extra money with those features, which truly don't interest me at all. I'm not a big Character meet-and-greet person so this doesn't appeal to me.

UPDATE : Nevermind. I've been getting repeated errors from the Memory Maker page when I attempt to add it to my cart. This makes too much sense.

WDWFantasmicFan

I had a similar survey a couple of weeks ago, but had a few other questions about ride photos and videos, and what rides I'd like to see them offered.

The exclusive character M&Gs were tested during summer at MK with a Belle meet and greet just for Memory Maker. Seemed to be popular.

Depending on what else you got for the new price, I'd definitely consider it. Have found that package to be 100% worth it on previous trips.

mikenatcity1

Private photo session depends on how many do that otherwise how private could it be. Sounds like it would just be another line and photo taker

The express line wouldn't be express just like fastpass isn't always express

They can word it however they want and pretend they are offering more but really they wouldn't be...just another way to raise prices and say "but look what more we are giving you now!"

The way it was described at Disneyland, the private would in deed be private (much like the weddings photoshoot where it's ONLY the people involved). If that is the case and a family/group wanted to do this, it's such a great deal as the wedding photo shoots are $thousands (Disneyland's just increased to $4,500...no photographer or photos included).

John M StL

I'm not sure adding those options at the current price would move the needle for anyone. Didn't they drop the price this year due to a lack of interest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom