Changes at the Living Seas

disneyfan1313

Original Poster
Until further notice there will no longer be a ride portion of the living seas, you will go directly from the movie (and it rained, and rained and rained..) to Seabase Alpha.

Lance

I don't like this call!! There's no need for closing that!!! I'd close the show before the ride portion!

Thanks for the information

:(

Does this mean that everyone just walks through the exit hydrolators? Or do we walk through the "entrance" ones and take the people-mover equivalents?

Does anyone know if this is for rehab or permanent?

DisJosh

Mabey this is just a first step in a major rehab for the Living Seas. I dont think they would close that part of the attraction unless totally necesary, so I'm hopeful that this will only lead to bigger and better everything in the Living Seas.

wdwcrazy

Mabey this is just a first step in a major rehab for the Living Seas. I dont think they would close that part of the attraction unless totally necesary, so I'm hopeful that this will only lead to bigger and better everything in the Living Seas.

I sure hope so! Eventhough it was a short ride, it was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Al

Originally posted by wdwcrazy

I sure hope so! Eventhough it was a short ride, it was very relaxing and enjoyable.

What an excellent description! You took the words right out of my....keyboard

disneyfan1313

Original Poster
Sorry to dissapoint, but it is not for a rehab. That portion of the ride takes atleast 4 CM's to operate so it is being done as a cost cutting measure, plus the amount in maintenance, ect.

You will enter the ride as normal, after the movie you will go through the door on the left, before the ride loading area which will take you to Seabase Alpha.

Goofster

Originally posted by disneyfan1313
Sorry to dissapoint, but it is not for a rehab. That portion of the ride takes atleast 4 CM's to operate so it is being done as a cost cutting measure, plus the amount in maintenance, ect.

You will enter the ride as normal, after the movie you will go through the door on the left, before the ride loading area which will take you to Seabase Alpha.

I highly doubt this. It won't be down for long. A lot of crazy stuff's been happening in WDW lately, and as soon as things get back to normal they'll reopen the ride and they'll start up EE mornings again and everthing 'll be cool.

It does make sense that this is down for a rehab, that would be totally sweet if they did close in the tube and make it more of a glass tunnel like I've been hoping. The closure of this portion of the pavilion really makes me (at least) have no reason for going into the Living Seas anymore. It'll open up again. I'm almost sure of it.
:D

Goofster

IF you don't mind me asking, what are your sources? We don't know anything until it's oficially announced. Why would disney spend money to rehab a part of The Living Seas (diving tube, i think it was) and not continue to rehab the parts that need a rehab. It just doesn't make sense that they close down this portion of the ride that is in need of a rehab, but not rehab it, when another portion of the pavilion was rehabbed.

DisJosh

Originally posted by Goofster
IF you don't mind me asking, what are your sources? We don't know anything until it's oficially announced. Why would disney spend money to rehab a part of The Living Seas (diving tube, i think it was) and not continue to rehab the parts that need a rehab. It just doesn't make sense that they close down this portion of the ride that is in need of a rehab, but not rehab it, when another portion of the pavilion was rehabbed.

Well said! I would also ike to know your sources Disneyfan.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Goofster

The Diver Lockout area that has just been fixed, had been scheduled to be done for a long time. So budgets etc would have already been already assigned to it - hence when the new tube was ready (it is custom built BTW), it was installed. I would read nothing into why that was done, and the recent events of closing a portion of the attraction.

disneyfan1313

Original Poster
I usually know what i'm talking about.. If not I will admit it :)..

Steve is right about the diver tube area. That has actually been budgeted since '99 and pushed back until recently. Seas is not going to get a minor rehab. A major rehab is possible if a sponser that is being talked to signs, but that is years down the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom