Chances of BoG walk up?

draybook

Original Poster
What are the chances of getting a table for 4 for BoG dinner on February 25th? We've moved our late January trip to last February and since the 25th is my wife and daughter's birthday, they want to eat there. Of course it's booked up, but what do you think the chances are of getting seated as a walk in? I have an ADR for San Angel Inn(our back up but still beloved by us), but I'm crossing my fingers that an opening becomes available at BoG.

CAPTAIN HOOK

There's probably going to be one no show - but you'd end up standing outside all night, just on the off chance.
Keep going back to the ADR site and keep trying

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, the time doesn't matter so I'll be sure to keep checking. We don't have a set park schedule, since we're AP holders and this will be trip #1 for the year.

DisneyFans4Life

I would keep checking the ADR site each day and see if something opens up. I've been lucky a couple times and was able to walk up for lunch, but I've never been successful at walking up for dinner.

Kosmo1986

I have seen turning people away if they have to reservations. I am sure that the day before you will probably be able to snag one if you check often

Mukta

I recommend the touring plans reservation finder. I think you may have to be a member, but it found me an ADR I spent 2 months looking for.

draybook

Original Poster
Well, the good news is that Touring Plan's ADR notification program works. The bad news is that I didn't see the notice until 3 hours later and missed it. Hopefully another will open up soon.

coachwnh

What are the chances of getting a table for 4 for BoG dinner on February 25th? We've moved our late January trip to last February and since the 25th is my wife and daughter's birthday, they want to eat there. Of course it's booked up, but what do you think the chances are of getting seated as a walk in? I have an ADR for San Angel Inn(our back up but still beloved by us), but I'm crossing my fingers that an opening becomes available at BoG.
What is almost laughable is that every other restaurant has openings that night for dinner but BOG. (Just did a quick check for you) Keep trying and good luck. Hope it works out for you!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well today there was walk up available at breakfast and lunch... There were also a few cindys. This Thanksgiving week crowd is strange.

s&k'smom

I agree try every day my dear friend (after telling her to keep trying) snagged BOG right before they left for there trip, literally just days. When we were there the week before her I changed at least 4 ADR's while there using the mobile app and calling dining directly while on property.

DisneyFans4Life

Very strange...when we were there on 11/21, we tried to do walk up for lunch and the CM I spoke to said they no longer accept walk ups, that you have to have a reservation in order to eat at BoG. I don't think this is very accurate because they wouldn't turn away business if they had open tables.

Jon81uk

Very strange...when we were there on 11/21, we tried to do walk up for lunch and the CM I spoke to said they no longer accept walk ups, that you have to have a reservation in order to eat at BoG. I don't think this is very accurate because they wouldn't turn away business if they had open tables.

Nope Disney are turning people away, but mainly because they don't have open tables. If they only get reservations that fill half the restaurant then they only staff half the restaurant. So although tables might be sat empty, without someone to wait on those tables they are no longer open for seating. Disney are saving money on staffing by not utilising the whole place, but it also means they can't take walk-ups.

DisneyFans4Life

Nope Disney are turning people away, but mainly because they don't have open tables. If they only get reservations that fill half the restaurant then they only staff half the restaurant. So although tables might be sat empty, without someone to wait on those tables they are no longer open for seating. Disney are saving money on staffing by not utilising the whole place, but it also means they can't take walk-ups.
Makes sense, but I'll still try again to do a walk up just to see if I get a consistent response. The funny thing is that it appears to only be at BoG that they're saying this. We had a reservation for Hollywood & Vine later that evening and I heard the CM at the front tell some people they didn't have any availability, but to check back later. Perhaps it's different between lunch and dinner.

Jon81uk

Makes sense, but I'll still try again to do a walk up just to see if I get a consistent response. The funny thing is that it appears to only be at BoG that they're saying this. We had a reservation for Hollywood & Vine later that evening and I heard the CM at the front tell some people they didn't have any availability, but to check back later. Perhaps it's different between lunch and dinner.

Last time we were at WDW in 2010 we were turned away from several places when we wanted a walk-up. Lunch was more succesful and we got in at Hollywood & Vine (30 year old guys dancing with Handy Manny was fun!). But on a seperate day at Epcot we were turned away from several places for dinner.

raymusiccity

It sometimes takes a smile and pixie dust. My wife and I saw the line for BOG when we were there two weeks ago. We walked up and told them we had been trying for months to get a reservation just for the two of us. We told them that my wife loves their french onion soup...... We were pleasantly surprised when the host handed us two menus and told us to go in the line towards the right. :)

DisneyFans4Life

It sometimes takes a smile and pixie dust. My wife and I saw the line for BOG when we were there two weeks ago. We walked up and told them we had been trying for months to get a reservation just for the two of us. We told them that my wife loves their french onion soup...... We were pleasantly surprised when the host handed us two menus and told us to go in the line towards the right. :)
Magical moment right there!! I highly doubt that they don't accept walk ups anymore. If I had to guess, they just weren't taking walk ups for that specific day because they were fully booked.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Sadly slim and none. But try anyhow sometimes a CM will break the stupid 'no walkup' policy.

tem325

I was there last week, we had a ADR for Sat 12/19. When I was checking in, a woman walked up with a party of TEN and they got them in.....I say you never know. It doesn't hurt to try!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom