Celebrity Chef's

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Well we know there has been a couple Celebrity Chefs in WDW most notably Todd English, Wolfgang Puck and the soon to be missed (or not) Cat Cora!
So I ask what Celebrity Chef/Restaurateur would you like to see in the World? and Why?

My vote goes to one of these fabulous Chefs

Chef John Besh because his take on Southern/Cajun food with his added principles of farm to table would be a nice addition and would give Emeril's down the street a run for its money!

Master Pastry Chef Johnny Iuzzini so everyone can enjoy his treats but maybe at night have a more Adult friendly set up complete with Martinis et al.

Chef Masaharu Morimoto because a Chef of his caliber and know how is something I think anyone would make an ADR at least a year in advance just to try his Japanese/World cuisine fusion fare.

Last but definetley not least my ultimate favorite Chef Jose Andre whos small plate, tapas dining style and playful use of Molecular Gastronomy has intrigued me for years and aided in my being more adventurous when it comes to eating and trying new things in the food world.

Now it's your turn :)

zurgandfriend

Mario Batali would be a nice addition. Bobby Flay has a pretty good burger restaurant near us. Wouldn't mind have one in WDW.

Last edited:

DisneyDebNJ

Of course I have to say Chef Robert Irvine :) (Yep that's him in my avatar) He LOVES Disney and actually visits a few times each year, when his schedule permits. I am a HUGE fan of Bobby Flay's and would love to see him at Disney. Maybe we can get him to do a Throwdown with Chef Mickey ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Of course I have to say Chef Robert Irvine :) (Yep that's him in my avatar) He LOVES Disney and actually visits a few times each year, when his schedule permits. I am a HUGE fan of Bobby Flay's and would love to see him at Disney. Maybe we can get him to do a Throwdown with Chef Mickey ;)
LOL, Deb, I always thought that was your husband! :jawdrop:

The Incredible Schmulk

If we're talking pie-in-the-sky, never-ever-gonna-happen wish fulfillment here, I would love to see Thomas Keller open a small bistro somewhere on property, maybe replace Cat Cora's failed venture, or dare I say, maybe even take over Victoria & Albert's! Disclaimer: I'd like to make it known here that I love Kouzzina, and I'm really sad to see it go. I doubt I'm going to be able to get into French Laundry any time soon, but a Disney annex with his seal of approval would be really exciting and much more doable.

If we're talking a partnership that's somewhere within the realm of possibility, maybe Michael Symon? I think his culinary style would be pretty popular with most visitors: familiar enough to please less-adventurous palates, but enough playful tinkering with the classics and new-American ingenuity that it would still excite people looking for something different.

Phonedave

David Chang- but he is to scary for Disney tastes.

I would love to see Anthony Bourdain, not for any food he makes, just to talk with him about the food he eats.

-dave

MikeyK72

Gordon Ramsay.

I went to one of his restaurants in London and is was fantastic. Would be a very nice fit at Disney Springs - particularly with his high profile in the USA.

He can also put right the wrong notion that English food is terrible LOL.

Totally agree with Gordon Ramsay opening a restaurant in WDW. I've eaten at all three of his restaurants in Las Vegas and his food is amazing.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Either Gordon Ramsay or Anne Burrell. I love both for their cook style and personality.

Good Choice I love Anne Burrell, she seems like such a fun down to earth person! And I'm betting after being Mario Batali's right hand women in his Iron Chef battles as well as working as his head Chef in two of his restaurants that her food is awesome!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Gordon Ramsay.

I went to one of his restaurants in London and is was fantastic. Would be a very nice fit at Disney Springs - particularly with his high profile in the USA.

He can also put right the wrong notion that English food is terrible LOL.

I've heard that he is a real horse's rear end to deal with though.

Bparso87

I have eaten at Gordon Ramsey at Vegas and Mario Batali in Vegas both really good and would be a nice addition to springs but I have to go with morimoto I love his cooking style and always wanted to try it.

crispy

Either of the Voltaggio brothers, John Besh, or Jeffrey Zakarian. Honestly, it's because I think their hot (yes, even Jeffrey Zakarian!). Their food looks good, too, though. :p

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Either of the Voltaggio brothers, John Besh, or Jeffrey Zakarian. Honestly, it's because I think their hot (yes, even Jeffrey Zakarian!). Their food looks good, too, though. :p

Lol! I don't know much about the Voltaggio brothers except what I saw on Top Chef! I would really like to see John Besh take over Bonfamilias (now empty TS restaurant at POFQ's). And I agree Geoffrey Zakarian would be an awesome addition to the World! Maybe he should take over Kouzzina though I guess yet another Italian restaurant will be moving in its place.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
All of the chefs you have mentioned sound fantastic. I would vote for Bobby Flay or Michael Symon, both have interesting flavor profiles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom