Celebrities in the parks...

mousehockey37

Original Poster
So there's a thread of what celebs you've seen, but I'm putting a spin on it.

So you see a celebrity in the parks, maybe even have a convo in line with them while waiting for a ride.

How do you handle it?

For instance, we rode the monorail with Katie Holmes in January. I didn't know it was even her (I only really know the name because of Tom Cruise) but my DGF did. We didn't say anything and just rode the monorail. Didn't make a scene or anything and just went about our day.

WDW is an interesting place in that ANYONE can be there at any time. So again, how do you actually react when you see a celeb or interact with one (whether you know it's them or not)?

wendysue

The only difference between myself and them is that they were way more motivated to get where they are. They are just people like the rest of us who love Disney. I would never bother them on their vacation.

yedliW

A friend of mine sees Celebs wherever he goes.. and always gets a picture with them.. I probably wouldn't even recognize them.. and if I did.. I wouldn't approach them.. unless we were next to each other in line.. even then.. not sure I would say anything..

Although I might try to discreetly take a pic of them..

AndyS2992

If I saw someone I was a fan of just inches away of course I would be excited and might take sneaky photo of them but I would never approach them. There's only two out comes to such an event:
1. They either ignore you completely or they out right tell you to go away and repsect their privacy.
2. The awkward small chat and photo whilst they back away slowly with the painful looking fake smile on.
They get hassled by fans and paps every day, they tolerate it at planned functions but during their down time they really don't enjoy it.

EOD K9

I deal with some of the most powerful people in government and they have their celebrity friends around to make them feel special. I am so over it. There are some that are nice, but a majority are a bunch of jackwagons. I'd just act like Luke and Obi-wan....move along move along.

Patcheslee

If I saw someone I was a fan of just inches away of course I would be excited and might take sneaky photo of them but I would never approach them. There's only two out comes to such an event:
1. They either ignore you completely or they out right tell you to go away and repsect their privacy.
2. The awkward small chat and photo whilst they back away slowly with the painful looking fake smile on.
They get hassled by fans and paps every day, they tolerate it at planned functions but during their down time they really don't enjoy it.
Think there are only 2 ppl that I would go stupid to see there: Johnny Depp or Marilyn Manson so very unlikely. At the same time DD8 wants to meet them so it would be hard not to at least let her say hi. For obvious reasons she won't be meeting Manson at a concert for many many years.

Tyaloo

Last Nov-Dec, I found myself right smack behind Neil Patrick Harris while waiting to board the 7DMT. I was kind of shocked lol. I was close enough that I could have tapped him on the shoulder without reaching far lol!

I left him alone, he didn't look happy.

I think I saw Christian Bale on the same trip - but I stayed away - he was giving our group the stink eye (he may have noticed that we saw him) - IF it was him, that is, lol!

I leave celebs alone, but I did run into some fellow Disney vloggers and introduced myself - that was fun! Of the 3 Youtubers I met (vloggers), only 1 was put off that I said hello - the rest were more than happy to chat and they even allowed me to put them in my video! Totally fun :)

Attachments

• adamthewoo.JPG
    adamthewoo.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Schneewittchen

I think I would only speak with a celebrity if we were directly next to each other in line. In DC, we run into politicians and athletes sometimes. I really only engage if they're "on" and already glad-handing, etc. On vacation, it would probably just be annoying.

I do occasionally enjoy chatting with people in line, on the bus or boat, waiting for a reservation. Just talking Disney with other people helps the time pass.

Last fall while in line for a ride at DCA my family met another family from our city. We just spent the whole time talking WDW vs. DL and the kids had a new friend for a few minutes.

graphite1326

If I was in a line right next to them I might strike up a casual conversation just like we sometimes do with other guests. However, a coworker was at WDW in line with Joe Pesci and said he was kind of loud and was looking for attention.

GlassHalfFull

taking secret pics is generally even worse off than asking them.. they generally are ok as long as you let them enjoy their day and don't interrupt them.. you want to kill a celebrities interest in signing something/taking a pic with you do 2 things.. ignore the people they are with, I.e. shove past the kids/family they are with to get to the one celebrity in the party.. nothing kills their mood to provide an experience for you faster than showing you have no regard to the others they care about.. the second thing is interrupting them while they eat/relax.. just let them go about their day, and if they are waiting for their party outside the bathroom/after a meal etc.. they usually are open to a quick pic etc.. stay away from those 2 things and be polite and you can usually get a nice pic.. ohh yeah.. and don't shove a cell phone in their face that smells like an ashtray to talk to your dad/mom..

mf1972

wether i'm a fan or not of said celebrity, i'd just leave him or her alone. they're there for the same reason i am. let them enjoy it.

mousehockey37

Original Poster
Gotta love some of the responses of how some people think of themselves (and let's just say certain people who have answered so far, I'm not surprised you think your poop don't stink... albeit a sarcastic response of not).

I deal with some of the most powerful people in government and they have their celebrity friends around to make them feel special. I am so over it. There are some that are nice, but a majority are a bunch of jackwagons. I'd just act like Luke and Obi-wan....move along move along.

I could imagine dealing with gov't types is just like you said. LOL.

The whole reason I brought this thread up was because of a tweet yesterday with Tina Fey being in Disney and a crew knew she was there so they followed her around some and shot a video on EE at AK.

Last Nov-Dec, I found myself right smack behind Neil Patrick Harris while waiting to board the 7DMT. I was kind of shocked lol. I was close enough that I could have tapped him on the shoulder without reaching far lol!

I've heard that NPH can be quite unpleasant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom