Pre-Trip Celebrating turning "29 again" with 2 weeks at WDW!

Having a hard time accepting that I'll be 30 *gasp!* in less than 4 months, so I came up with a BRILLIANT plan. Why not celebrate my birthday at the place where dreams come true? And it just so happens that my dream is to not turn 30! SO, thanks to WDW and all of it's magic, I'll be turning 29 again while enjoying 2 weeks of Disney bliss :happy:

I guess I should introduce myself and my fellow travelers.

Me: Crystal, 29 (on the right)
Sister and roommate: Katie, 22 (the Ariel look-alike)

photo.JPG

And my mom. How cute is she?!
mom.jpg

Date: January 10-24, 2015
Resort: 2 nights DoubleTree Hilton at Universal, and 12 nights at Boardwalk Villas

This will be our first time staying at BWV. In the past, we've stayed at AKL and other offsite resorts. We are SO excited about BWV. Ever since we first visited the Boardwalk, I've always wanted to stay there. So, after some planning and saving, it's happening! (Originally, it was going to be just me and my sister on this trip, but once mom saw where we booked our stay, she immediately put in her vaca request:p)

I know we will modify these plans as it gets closer and things are finalized, but these are the tentative plans:

Saturday, Jan. 10 - Arrival Day! Our flight leaves from Houston at 7 am. If you knew me personally, you would know that I am NOT a morning person. I need a solid hour or two after waking up before even considering speaking to anyone. But this will be different. I probably won't even sleep the night before! Disney World will be waiting! Anyway, my sis and I will leave our house bright and early to pick up our mom before headed to the airport.

We'll land a little after 10am, pick up our rental car and head to Universal! Katie and I are HUGE HP fans. Mom, not so much. She doesn't think she'll even participate in the Universal fun. Hopefully our hotel room won't take long to be ready so she can chill there while we head over to the parks.

Sunday, Jan.11 - Universal Studios - We'll hop back and forth between IOA and USF this day, and we'll spend some time on the citywalk so mom can recover from her day of doing absolutely nothing. I'm sure we'll talk her ear off about all the things she missed out on. I really need to find a way to convince her give the parks a try. She's definitely partial to Disney and doesn't think she'll enjoy Universal at all.

Monday, Jan 12 - EPCOT - We'll check out of our hotel bright and early and head over to our favorite place in the world! If by some stroke of magic, our room is ready, we'll drop our stuff off at BWV. Otherwise, we'll just park and walk over to EPCOT. We have no ADR's for this day, so we plan to just take it at our own pace.

Tuesday, Jan 13 - Magic Kingdom - I don't think it will truly feel like I'm "home" until I'm walking down Main Street, taking in the beauty of that castle! I can't wait. Getting emotional just thinking about it! We have a breakfast ADR at The Crystal Palace. Katie and I plan to stay open to close this day. My mom will probably head back to rest for awhile and possibly meet back up with us for dinner and then Wishes!

Wednesday, Jan 14 - MGM, Hollywood Studios, whatever it's called these days! This is probably our 2nd favorite park aside from MK. But, it really does change every trip, so we'll see. We have a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi Diner. It will be our first time dining here, and Katie is SO excited. This was her one request. We'll see if we make it all day. I think we're gonna do the Fantasmic Dinner Package the following week, so I'm not too worried about seeing the show this day.

Thursday, Jan 15 - Animal Kingdom/EPCOT - We normally never spend a full day at AK, even though we really do love this park. So, we'll probably leave around 4 or so and spend some time on the Boardwalk before heading over to EPCOT for Illuminations. Mom will probably opt to stay in the room.

Friday, Jan 16 - Magic Kingdom - My mom reeeeaaalllyyy wants to do the Pirates Scavenger hunt thing. She wanted to do it when we were there earlier this year, and we didn't get a chance to. There were a lot more people on that trip: My other sister, her husband, their 2 boys, my dad, and Katie's friend. It was a chaotic trip! I really enjoy the trips with fewer people. Not so many conflicting opinions on what to do and when to do it. Anyway, we'll do that at some point in the day. Other than that, we'll hit up our favorites. There are also a few things that we've never done, because we've just assumed we wouldn't like them. It's a Small World, for instance. I have completely healthy hatred for dolls. So, this has NEVER appealed to me. BUT, I can't say I hate it until I try it.

Saturday, Jan 17 - Free Day, Blue Man Group - This will be a relaxing day for us. We'll sleep in, maybe do some shopping. And then we'll go see the Blue Man Group. I'm so excited about this! I've always wanted to see the show, but we've never had the time.

Normally, this would be the depressing part of the trip where we head back home wondering why our trip ended so quickly. But, we'll have a whole week left!

Sunday, Jan 18 - MY BDAY! Magic Kingdom - I'm turning 29 again! The plan is to have lunch at BOG. I love BOG! The rest of the day is up to me! I really plan on taking advantage of that, don't you worry. I rarely ever do anything for my bday, so the fact that I'll be spending at my favorite place, in my favorite park, eating at my favorite restaurant... I CAN'T WAIT! I plan on getting lots of bday wishes from everyone. I will probably wear my bday pin our whole vacation, honestly. Unless, my sister gets jealous and hides it ;)

Monday, Jan 19 - DTD and Cirque du Soleil - Shopping! And our first time seeing Cirque du Soleil!

Is it sad that I'm only typing out tentative plans, and I already feel like this vacation is going by too quickly?

Tuesday, Jan 20 - Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic Dinner Package this night!

Wednesday, Jan 21 - EPCOT - No ADR's Just a day of EPCOT fun and whatever our hearts desire!

Thursday, Jan 22 - Animal Kingdom - Hoping to get as many rides on Everest as humanly possible this day! Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my group who really enjoys rollercoasters, so other than the first 2, the rest of the rides will have to be solo :cautious:

Friday, Jan 23 - Magic Kingdom, Last Park Day - I'm sad just thinking about our last day... But we will make the most of it and it will be magical! I will try my best to not even think about not seeing this beautiful place for a whole year. We will live in the moment, and the moment will be oh so sweet.

Anyway, that is a very condensed version of our trip plans. Rest assured, there will be lots of crazy fun had by the 3 of us. We will probably eat way too much!

Is it January yet?

PolynesianPrincess

Its my birthday on Jan 21st - can I join the party ??

Sounds like you have a great trip planned

And my birthday is January 3, so can I come to?1 January birthdays are clearly awesome!! :)

Sounds like a super fun trip you have planned! AKL is on my list of places to stay! We were going to stay there for the 2 nights following our cruise in November and not do any parks, but we realized there's a Christmas party the last night we're there so we changed to POFQ so we could do the party. POFQ is also on our list, so it's a win-win! :) Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Allym146

January is obviously the best birthday month to be had, Jan 24th checking in here;)! Oh, to spend it in Disney!! This trip look A-mazing. I'm looking forward to a TR!!

Disneygrl

Original Poster
And my birthday is January 3, so can I come to?1 January birthdays are clearly awesome!! :)

Sounds like a super fun trip you have planned! AKL is on my list of places to stay! We were going to stay there for the 2 nights following our cruise in November and not do any parks, but we realized there's a Christmas party the last night we're there so we changed to POFQ so we could do the party. POFQ is also on our list, so it's a win-win! :) Can't wait to read about your adventures!

The more, the merrier! January birthdays really are the best :)

AKL is AMAZING. We love, love, love it. POFQ is on our list too! Let me know how you like it!

Disneygrl

Original Poster
January is obviously the best birthday month to be had, Jan 24th checking in here;)! Oh, to spend it in Disney!! This trip look A-mazing. I'm looking forward to a TR!!

I'm pretty sure this will ruin any future birthday that isn't spent at Disney, but I am so stoked about this trip!

Trying to decide whether to do a live TR, or relive the moment by writing the TR after we get back. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Disneygrl

Original Poster
80 days to go!!! I'm getting more and more excited! The wait is almost unbearable. It helps that I leave on a cruise this weekend though :happy: Not a Disney cruise, but we will still have so much fun!

epcotisbest

80 days to go!!! I'm getting more and more excited! The wait is almost unbearable. It helps that I leave on a cruise this weekend though :happy: Not a Disney cruise, but we will still have so much fun!
A cruise sounds great. Does not have to be Disney to have fun. Right about now I would settle for the S.S. Minnow. Wow, that shows my age...29+++

Disneygrl

Original Poster
59 days until I leave for Orlando! Tomorrow will mark 60 days to my stay at BWV, so when the clock strikes 12am, I will start my FP+ selecting :) We are so indecisive; we keep changing our minds.

So, normally, this is the point in which I feel like my vacation will never get here and like it's taking sooooo long. But, with the holidays fast approaching, I feel like I'm running out of time! In my line of work, this time of year is the busiest (and the the most fun!) So, I have something on the schedule every weekend until our trip. Plus, everyone voted my house for Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas :D, so I need to hustle getting my decorations up and making sure I have enough room for people to sleep! And Christmas shopping! I should have started that earlier lol.

Needless to say, I definitely have a lot to pass the time until Vacation Day. I hope these 2 months don't go by too quickly. I want to soak up as much holiday joy as possible.

Disneygrl

Original Poster
Small update. I was able to get a FP for BOG on my birthday! Everything is pretty much set for our trip, which in case you were wondering, is in 19 days! Eeeeeek! AND.. I also got a Christmas bonus I wasn't expecting! Yay for extra Disney money!

Completely unrelated, we had our family Christmas last night at my mom's house. Here's a pic of me, my nephew and our favorite mouse :) Merry Christmas everyone!
photo.JPG

mrdrift

What a great pre trip report. I love the plans so far. Have a wonderful time and a very happy 29th birthday on your trip. Will be watching for the trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom