CBR to Epcot

Tinker

Hi , I need help again. I'm so new to WDW and I'm trying to find my way around.

I'm staying at CBR in May and I have a PS at Rose & Crown Pub at 7:40 pm. Is that a good time for dinner and to see the Illuminations?

Also, what is the quickest way to get to the resturant from the resort using Disney Transpo. The thought of walking from the front entrance all the way thru Epcot is tiring me out already. I don't plan on being there during the day.

I know there's a boat, but how do I get to it? Would it be quicker than a bus?

monorail256

i think thats what shes talking about.. if nt im interested what cbr stands for... even though i am pretty sure it is carribean beach resort (good pick by the way, we loved it there!):)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Tinker
Hi , I need help again. I'm so new to WDW and I'm trying to find my way around.

I'm staying at CBR in May and I have a PS at Rose & Crown Pub at 7:40 pm. Is that a good time for dinner and to see the Illuminations?

I'm afraid that everyone from 7PM on is planning on watching Illuminations from R & C!! If you eat at 7, you might be able to get a patio table, but then you have to "drag" your meal out for 2 hours...and the CMs are doing their best to move you out without actually pushing you out the door! There are only 35 patio tables, and everyone wants one. When you check-in at the desk, you can ask, but you might not get one. (everyone was asking for a patio table...at least 2 dozen AFTER we checked in at 7:45!) We had to wait for our table, using the pager system, so were able to hear later arrivals making the same request we had. We ended up sitting indoors, but were able to walk outside to see...just be considerate of other diners, and don't block anyone's view.

Upvote 0

niteobsrvr

The boat you are referring too operates from MGM Studios to Epcot with stops for Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach Club and the Boardwalk before arriving at Epcot. Approximate boat travel time is 25 minutes. To get to the boat, you will need to take the Bus from Carribean Beach to Disney/MGM Studios. You may wait for the bus 10 to 20 minutes. Then depending on where you are at inside the resort it could depart the resort immediately or spend another 10 minutes or so inside the resort making its remaining stops. Once you depart the resort it will take about 5 minutes to arrive at Studios. Once you arrive at the Studios bus terminal, you will find the boat dock to the right of the ticket booths down a path by the lake. If there is no boat there when you arrive approx wait times can be 10 to 15 minutes. As you can see the boat ride alone will take you approx 40 minutes worst case scenario.

As you can see the entire travel time could be as much as san hour or so. Given this if you reservations are at 7pm, I would recommend being at the bus stop no later than 5:30. If you get to epcot early, use the extra time to look around. However don't wait until the last minute or you most surely will be stressed out and late. Also keep in mind that Studios guest who arent staying for the fantasmic show but heading to Epcot for Illuminations will aslo be traveling during this time period making the boats more crowded.

The quickest option is to go out to the bus stop about 6 and wait for the Epcot bus and then take the short walk through epcot to arrive at the Rose and Crown. Again the bus wait would be 10 to 20 minutes and the travel time to epcot would be about 10 minutes.
:confused:

Upvote 0

Tinker

Original Poster
I'm sorry for the confusion...I am staying at Carribean Beach.

Thanks for the help to get to dinner. I plan on doing Animal Kingdom that day..then stop back at the resort for a bit. Then on to Epcot for dinner. I would like to take the boat over, so I'll be sure to give myself extra time.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Going by boat will inconvinience you. Since you have to go to one of the Studios. Then Take a boat to one of the boat service resorts. Then you have to switch to the Epcot boat. It would be so much easier to take the bus, even though you will have to walk through the park. Luckilly the UK is one of the first countries in World Showcase. So make it easier for yourself and take the bus. But if you do want to take the boats plan on leaving CBR at arong 5:45 to be safe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom