CBR or OKW?

Kat Hazzard

Original Poster
I am pricing my WDW holiday for summer 2018 and have found prices for both Caribbean Beach and Old Key west. OKW is about £600 more expensive in total than CBR and I'm trying to figure out if its worth it? I know CBR has been refurbished more recently than OKW so would be more modern, have read a few places that OKW is very dated and in need of a face lift. Any advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Kat Hazzard

Original Poster
Yes the free dining is being offered but the price difference was with comparable dining options. I rang Disney there and got a guy who was a bit sarcastic and really not helpful, was kind of disappointed!
POR is £300 more expensive than CBR. I hadn't really considered it yet, will look into it, thanks! What makes POR or POFQ better than CBR?

Kat Hazzard

Original Poster
Trip is for 14 nights. Looked at it again, its actually £400 difference. Don't know if its worth spending the extra £400 when really the hotel is only for somewhere to sleep and possibly one, maybe two days by the pool, which given we can go to the water parks isn't even necessary. Im terribly indecisive about this decision unfortunately! I was speaking to one cast member earlier who had the opinion that the major renovations would be finished in Caribbean beach by the end of June 2018. In which case, its more central in its location to Hollywood studios, animal kingdom etc. However, POR and POFQ have the boat transportation, they definitely don't have any refurbishments and the choice of two pools...

I just don't know what to do!

Bartattack

Trip is for 14 nights. Looked at it again, its actually £400 difference. Don't know if its worth spending the extra £400 when really the hotel is only for somewhere to sleep and possibly one, maybe two days by the pool, which given we can go to the water parks isn't even necessary. Im terribly indecisive about this decision unfortunately! I was speaking to one cast member earlier who had the opinion that the major renovations would be finished in Caribbean beach by the end of June 2018. In which case, its more central in its location to Hollywood studios, animal kingdom etc. However, POR and POFQ have the boat transportation, they definitely don't have any refurbishments and the choice of two pools...

I just don't know what to do!

I had the exact same problem... We were also looking for our August 2018 trip (20 days). We have been to CBR 2 times now and really enjoyed it... but with the upcoming construction we started thinking of going to POR or POFQ. But then we realised we really really liked CBR. :) The rooms at CBR are a litlle bit bigger and I like the doors between the bathroom instead of the curtains at POR. I also heard that the big part of the refurbishment will be done late June 2018... so we probably will go to CBR after all. (and visiting from Europ, the tropical theme of CBR has more of a 'vacation' feel to me instead of PORFQ... if that makes sense.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom